Question about Poulan Pro 16-Inch 38 cc Anti-Vibration Chainsaw #PP3516AVX
The rope doesn't pull smoothly. I removed the cover and put the rope back into the ditch it fits in. Where do I place the fly wheel in order for the wings to fit correctly with the rope pull
Before installing fasteners for the recoil to the housing, pull the rope a small amount 2-4". With a small pressure from your other hand, at the same time push gently down on the recoil housing. This should partially rotate the flywheel and align the pawls to the rope rotor. Repeat this proceedure until you feel the pawls drop into place.
You may want to review the proceedure for installing a rope to complete your repair.
1) remove the recoil housing
**NOTE: normally you DO NOT need to remove the rotor pulley or spring to replace the rope. This is the area that causes so many guys a lot of extra trouble
2) locate the string that is left and the hole it is threaded thru
3) determine how much string has broken off of the rope that came out
Note: if more than 1 inch is left, then the rope needs to be replaced
4) after rope is obtained, make sure both ends are melted to a point for easier threading thru handle and rope rotor
5) install the rope (with the handle installed on one end) thru the recoil housing and towards the rope rotor.
6) with the rotor free of tension, route the rope from the groove toward center and up thru the hole. Tie a knot in the end of the rope, leaving a 3/8" tail free.
7) wind the rotor in the direction of what the rope would pull (this will tighten the spring) until the spring is completely wound. remove 1/2 to 1 revolution, and then allow rope to wind onto the rotor until all rope is wound.
8) Pull the rope several times to position rope properly into rotor.
*note : there should be NO droop in the handle after released
If droop is evident, wind the rotor and rope 1 revolution tighter so there is no droop of handle when released
9) when unit is functioning proplerly, re-install housing onto unit
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
Testimonial: "Thankyou so much."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2015 | Garden
Sep 13, 2014 | Snapper Garden
Apr 08, 2014 | Toro Power Clear 221QE Electric Start 21...
Apr 02, 2012 | Husqvarna 44 61 268 272k 225 Chainsaw Gas...
Oct 12, 2011 | Poulan Wild Thing 2375 18" Gas Chain Saw...
Aug 04, 2011 | Briggs & Stratton 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Jul 29, 2011 | Coleman Powermate Powermate 5000W...
Oct 12, 2010 | Yard Machines 11A54MC006 21Inch 139cc MTD...
Mar 29, 2010 | Yard Machines 158cc Push Lawn Mower #11a...
Sep 17, 2009 | Bosch Garden
321 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!