Either the back was not put back on correctly or something may have been damaged while clearing the paper jam. Please power off printer unplug it from wall. Wait 5 min the plug it back in. If heads don't recycle something has been damaged. Are there any lights flashing? Please let me know if this helps if not let me know the steps that you have taken and I will try to help from there.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should troubleshoot jamming error message by removing toner cartrige, check if the little plastic sensors on the paper path are not stuck somehow, reinsert toner,close door, open back door check if the fuser sensor is ok ( and not broken), clean the papertray roller, restart printer and it should work. If that doesnt fix your problem it can be a faulty sensor or some tiny paper left somewhere you can't see and sensor detects .. Hope it helps.
I took Ekse suggestion to start off with by turning off the printer; opening the front cover and removing the ink cartridges. Behind where the color cartridge goes is a light blue wheel. I took a letter opener and gently tried to move it. It moved and after a few turns it loosened the paper and I was able to gently removed the whole sheet of paper. I'm by far a techy but have been known to take care of paper jams. This little machine had me baffled because the back was of no use like other machines.
you need to remove the black plastic on the back wipe the rollers that feed the paper put it back together plug it back in switch on and it should work some times u get a small corner of paper stuck so it tells the machine that u have a papaer jam
The power and resume lights blinks due to two reasons.
1) If there is any kind of paper jam in the printer.Then its internal assembly cannot move so the lights blinks.So clear the paper jam if any.Open the cover and check if any paper jam.also there is a access door at the back to check any paper jam.The back plastic door can be opened to remove paper jam.
But if you are confirmed that there is no paper jam then the other possibility.
2) The printer cartridges are faulty and needs replacement.There are two print cartridges in the printer.One color and one black.Any of the one can be faulty or in some cases both are faulty.But before replacing cartridge remove the cartridge and clean the brown dotted circuit on cartridge then reinsert the cartridges and check.But if this does not solve the problem then replace the cartridge one by one and solve the problem.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this
solution and show your appreciation.
just replace the cartridges its the cartridge replacement error .or check out in the printer for any paper jam that also gives this E error on the printer.but mostly its the cartridges error.also try cleaning the cartridge before replacing them sometimes the cleaning helps.
check whether any paper is jammed you can remove the jammed paper from the back of the printer .there is a assess door which can be easily removed and from there you can check if there is any paper jam and you can remove.if there is no paper jam and you still face the problem.it is necessary to open the printer and service the parts and oil the gears to make the printer move fluently.you can do it your self if you have proper screw driver it does not require any thing execpt a proper screw driver to disassemble the printer.or you can take it to any proper service center and it will work properly after it is serviced.
Here's what we did: Lifted the lid and turned off printer. Then turned on again. Unplugged power cable from back of printer, moved the carriage toward the middle of the printer. Took out cartridges and closed the lid. Plugged the power cord back in. Reinstalled the cartridges. After the alignment page it worked fine. These instructions are paraphrased from HP website troubleshooting. I don't have any idea why any of it worked, but it did and I'm grateful.