Check factory data message appears when the self focus feature is used.
i had blue lines earlier, so entered mute 183, everything looked fine, so did not do any changes, did a self focus in this mode, process is done, then screen goes white. upon exit, problem is gone, picture looks great, but check factory data message when self focus attempted. i can with out the self focus feature, but am wondering if this is an indication the ic convergence board needs to be replaced, i tried to reset by unplugging the tv without success. is there another way to reset?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: "check factor data" using self focus
Not at all familiar with your tv but this sort of message comes up if you have altered eeprom settings while in engineers mode.
To put it right you will need the work shop manual to know how to reset the settings.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Booting problems with your laptop occur when the computer gets infected by a virus or when there are underlying hardware problems.You can use several troubleshooting techniques before taking the laptop to a service center for repair.
1. Turn on the laptop without pressing the power button too long, to prevent it from turning on and then turning off. Also make sure that the laptop has enough battery power to boot up.
2. Unplug any external drives connected to the computer. These include flash drives, external hard drives or any CD or DVD in the optical drive. Listen closely as you boot the computer. If the laptop is emitting ticking sounds and refuses to boot up at all, the hard drive or another internal component may be damaged. Consider bringing your laptop to a service center.
3. Turn on your computer and boot to "Safe Mode" or "Last known good configuration" if the computer powers on but displays an error before it boots the operating system. If this is the case, the laptop may be infected with a virus.
4. Use the "System Restore" feature in Windows to restore the operating system to an earlier time. Note, however, that this will not work for those whose computers have the "System Restore" feature disabled. Click "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "System Tools," and then "System Restore." When the dialog box appears, click on the box for "Restore my computer to an earlier time," and then "Next." Select the restore point that you want and follow further instructions.
5. Resolve a "blue screen" problem. This error screen appears before booting, and is caused by several factors such as virus infection or hardware failure. Read the error message to determine what factor caused the problem. The error message should include troubleshooting tips.
6. Consider repairing the operating system if the computer does not boot at all. This procedure will repair the operating system without erasing your data and settings. Access the Resource list for instructions on how to repair Windows.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
First check to see if it is activated...(enabled) for this ...go to bios ..settings by pressing F2 on start right after the first written lines appears...There select with the errows for up and down the feature called optimal factory defaults...and press enter to confirm ...Thi sdefault the settings and if the device was disabled this will put it back on ... Save all changes by pressing F10 and enter to restart ...In this moment the blue tooth will be found ..and will search for a driver ..If the driver is already loaded in the system it will install itself automatically , if not ...will ask to install it from the disk that came with the laptop..or ..search it on the manufacturer site..according to your operation system in use... Have a nice day , and dont forget to rate if this was helpful...
Odds are real good that the cooling fluid in the green and blue picture tube assemblies has become contaminated. You can tell by looking down into the lenses with a flash light. Funny thing is the red never gets contaminated because whatever organism is causing the problem can't survive in red light. BTW this may still not solve all of your convergence problems but when the colors are so badly diffused the convergence sensors for flash focus can't lock onto the beam landing.
If you changed the ICs you need to adjust convergence, read carefully the instruction and alingn the lines using remote control commands. Is a long process. My tv loss convergence three times , i will never buy another samsung product. I told every body that i know that never buy another samsung product.
Key Functions 7,8,9 = select R, G or B +100,0,PRE-CH = mute R, G or B INFO = test/normal 4 = shifts from point to line, grid move 2 = restore factory SOURCE = H/V select ADD/DEL = Save S.MODE = exit MUTE = cursor forward P.MODE = cursor back Volume +/- = moves convergence left or right Channel +/- = moves convergence up or down 1 = zero's all convergence settings (ugly!) U/D/L/R = move cursor SELF FOCUS = saves the convergence adjustment - do before exiting
Good luck. I let a sub-standard service joint work on mine - they replaced the OEM chips with a higher wattage equivalent, and I've had nothing but problems ever since.
you must enter the service mode and align your convergence and save it to the epromm also activate the auto focus to activate the sensors , power on /mute-1-8-2- / press enter to save and before you exit activate the focus key on the remote ,very inportant to do the last step./g
you need to get the service manual for your tv the microcomputer needs to be replace use the test mode from off your remote control enter the numbers 0-6-2-5-9-6-menu do it fast ypou should see a display come at the bottom of your screen consult your service manual and reprogram your tv if this does not work as i say change your microputer at this time i do not have a schematic to give you a part number.