Question about Televison & Video
Most probably something has gone wrong in the magnetron circuit. Because of the loud noise, I doubt it is just a fuse. I'd guess you have a short in the magnetron, diode or capacitor (power circuitry). UNPLUG the unit and remove the case. Look for signs of burned parts (smell and visual), and test with an ohmmeter. Unplug the magnetron and measure pin to pin. You should see low resistance (this is the filament). Measure either pin to frame. You should see high resistance (this is the "tube"). The diode should measure high one direction and relatively low the other. I'll bet on the magnetron, which you can find online (removed from damaged units) fairly inexpensively.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
May 17, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 03, 2011 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Apr 02, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 25, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S592 Microwave Oven
Feb 14, 2010 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2008 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
Mar 03, 2007 | Amana AMV1162 Microwave Oven
Nov 30, 2006 | LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: