Question about NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless Router
Trying to install wireless netgear 30/30 (refurbished) and need a 'multi-port serial adapter driver' for com-ports- to download for free...or am i needing a 'digi driver', maybe both- more than likely i dont know the difference, if there is one. cuz im not computer knowledgeable, lingo's totally off based. im a 60yr ol grandma in my training pants here--an no by-god, they arent stretch pants either!
Have some id #'s if helpful-- Netgear 30/30 *WPN511NAR*
pls help if you can. i use- makeuseof.com majorgeeks.com geekBlu.com techMynd.com geek.com and firefox. (got other great sites for me i'll go there too). make it simple if you can. all help appreciated.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if you go to the netgear site, and get to the section for your model, you may want to update the firmware. this may solve most of the problems. you can also read what the latest firmware fixes. it should give info on the entire firmware history.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
SOURCE: need to open port on a netgear
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer (street fighter1v):
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
To connect to the wireless network of the router follow the steps below:
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.0.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the Username as admin and password as password (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new password and click apply. You will then have to use the same password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
Perform the steps below on the concerned toshiba laptop to connect to the network:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2013 | Digi International Edgeport 1 USB to...
Jan 16, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 27, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jan 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2008 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Dec 16, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 02, 2008 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Mar 27, 2008 | NetGear WG111T 108 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
Jan 08, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
555 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: