Question about Computers & Internet
Let me know u 1st, that don't c: or ur system root as ur primary data storage drive..itz a bad practice..
this is a case of a virus/trojan or software is responsible..
check the following:..
1)this can also b a symptom of faulty/defective of RAM..pen clean/removecarbon& or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resitit..[it'll b more prominent, that if itz cause by ram or not,..if duringnormal operation, a Blue Screen appears/Memory Dump]
though, sometimes itz also caused by the m/b..
2)remove/cleandust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/shortcircuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
3)open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "HeatSink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level sparemarket)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink ***fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
4) see if ur hdd is noisyor emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr'), if sour hdd is likely to b replaced..
[optional] 5) reinstall os..
(to takedata backups u gotta connect the hdd to another pc/laptop, forsuch cases a hdd-case is available in the local spare market, it'llmake behave ur hdd to act as an external removable drive)..
6) hva licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
7) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
8) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove,post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
9) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
10) disablethe following: a) 'Automatically Restart' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheckon the) Automatically Restart; b)'Error Reporting' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical erroroccur'..
11) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
always better to seek professional advice of ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
Delete the following files temp and %temp%
on the run menu type it it will open the folder
Also u can use select all from file menu to select the hidden files.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 28, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 06, 2013 | Computers & Internet
I would download and run the registry
utility from iobit.com
It is freeware and works then run CHKDSK/F.
Within iobits programme are useful utilities that empty the temporary directories and can remove unwanted old files.
Hope that helps.
Mar 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Sep 05, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Jun 12, 2010 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
May 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2007 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!