Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Did u changed / replaced the cartridge with original spare or refilled it??
do not panic..this kind of problem often follows with (esp. an unbranded) cartridge change and or refilling..!!
it also can be the defective cartridge itself causing such problem..!!
well if u r a professional then just dip a cotton into isopropyl alcohol n gently rub the connector sensor/ contact surface, n reinsert it properly, gently rub on the head too n make sure ink is coming/flowing, make sure the toner is not jammed or dried up, also have a glance on the 'carriage' n see that no sensor pins are broken and or bend..!!
..if u r not an professional, make sure it is properly inserted and the ink-spill protective/head covering is removed....
if all the above fails, then it may b a defective or demo cartridge..!!
and call ur system admin....
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
2) Remove the black power brick/block from the rear of the machine. (It may be a little tough to pull it out the first time you remove it.
3) Open the top of the printer/multi-function unit.
4) Gently pull the ribbon in order to center the printer cartridge carrier.
5) Open either the left or right side and remove the cartridge. (Depends on which side the error is occurring on, black on the left, color on the right)
6) Verify that all of the plastic strip that covered the new contacts on the cartridge have in fact been removed.
7) Wipe both the cartridge and printer contacts with a dry, lint free cloth.
8) Wipe the bottom of the cartridge with a damp, lint free cloth in order to verify that the ink is flowing and looks correct.
9) Make sure there is no water remaining on the cartridge.
10) Re-insert the cartridge into the carrier and make sure that it is bottomed and inserted all the way to the rear of the carrier slot.
11) Re-insert the power brick/block.
12) Re-connect the printer power cable.
13) Power on the printer and the error should be resolved.
14) Run the print alignment and print or copy several pages to insure the problem has been resolved.
IF YOU NEED TO BE WITH THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGES PLASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
ALWAYS PREFER LEXMARK CATRIDGES FOR LONG LIFE OF PRINTER Remove the indicated print cartridge. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet. If the button is not lit, press . Reinsert the print cartridge. If the error: Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected. Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one. BESTWISHES.....
Remove the indicated print cartridge.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
If the button is not lit, press .
Reinsert the print cartridge.
If the error:
Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected.
Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one.
Dec 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 14, 2009 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 11, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2008 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 05, 2008 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Oct 26, 2006 | HP PSC 2110 Color Printer
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!