Question about ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
You might have a combination of several small problems. I would like to know whick processor you have installed. But Here is how to get started:
1) Open the case (after unplugging the PSU, not just turning it off). Use a wrist grounding strap or touch the bare metal on the case frequently.
2) Pull the jumper off the 1st two pins of the RTC. Place them on the 2nd two pins for about 10 seconds. Pull them back off and place them back on the 1st two.
Plug the PSU back up and turn on the computer, pressing delete button when the fans come on.
3) This will enter the set up. Check to see if the correct CPU information is listed now. If not, the bios is not old enought to recognize the CPU.
4) activate Asus Update. Go to the site and update your bios from the site. You will have to clear the bios again after the new bios is updated.
5) at that time the motherboard's bios should recognize the CPU. This happens frequently with Asus boards particularly where you have an AM2 board or AM2+ and you are installing a Phenom AMD PCU.
Let me know how this works. There are other things we can do. This is the only thing about Asus boards I dislike.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2013 | ASUS M2n68 Am Plus Desktop Motherboard...
Feb 05, 2013 | ASUS M2N68-LA Motherboard
Jul 18, 2012 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Mar 18, 2011 | ASUS M2N68-CM (90-MIB5K0-G0EAY0GZ)...
Dec 21, 2010 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Oct 29, 2010 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Jun 22, 2010 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Jun 15, 2010 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Oct 16, 2009 | ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
Jun 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
659 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: