Although no memory card specifications (except that it should be SD or SDHC or MMC card) is listed in the PDF manual
, the problem most probably is that your card might be incompatible (I've personally experienced card's incompatibility with other digital cameras):
1) Borrow different SD or SDHC cards from your friends and try on your camera.
1) Check cards of different speed classes (number 2, 4, 8 or 10 inside a circle on the card): Normally if you have smaller SD cards (up to 2GB), it might suffice that card's speed class is 2. If you have larger SDHC cards (4GB and more), your camera might require a speed class of 4 or more. Or it may also happen that your card is too fast/big - some older devices don't work with too modern SD/SDHC cards. Read more about SD card speed classes>>
2) Check cards of different sizes. Some cameras my not work with too small or too large size cards.
3) There are plenty of fake SD/SDHC cards on ebay (mostly from China, with unidentified manufacturers/brands) which don't work with many devices and cause many errors. If there's a size and speed class written on such fake card - don't trust these numbers, they are probably fake.
3) If none of the different memory cards work - bring your camera to the mechanic
However, these requirements may vary from camera to camera. So ask about your Samsung L700 camera directly at Samsung customer support form>>
There are several websites where you can match your camera with compatible SD/SDHC cards: