Question about Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable Router (DHF5D72304)
You have a wireless network and you want to stop people from accessing your wireless network. For this you will need to secure your wireless network. You will need to enable the security on the wireless network.
You can do it by accessing the router set up interface.
Make sure that when you will change the wireless settings on the router, your computer will be connected to the router with the cable.
Click Here for step by step solution
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Google Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2016 | Apple iPod touch
Jul 02, 2011 | PANDIGITAL Novel 7
Jun 03, 2011 | Lands Phones
Mar 14, 2011 | Apple iTunes
Dec 24, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Sep 29, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
Sep 15, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Aug 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2013 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: