Question about RIM Blackberry Curve 8300
First, download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager software from: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&dl=DA5FB46338C8C0DCB1039F7898184FC5
Once installed, connect your BlackBerry to your computer via the USB sync cable. Open Desktop Manager, and click the Application Loader. On the right, you will see Update your device software. Click the Start Button, and if your BlackBerry is not on the latest Handheld Software, an update will appear. Select the update, and run the install. Be sure to select the option that backs up and restores your data. Once started, do not shut down your computer, or disconnect the USB sync cable as this could damage the device.
Once completed, your BlackBerry will restart and you will have the latest version available. This version has been known to correct various issues.
If the issue is still present, then it could be hardware related, and may need to be repaired or replaced. I would then suggest contacting your Provider for Hardware Support.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can find Video Disassembly Instructions at
They have New LCD's for the cheapest price.
Here is a Coupon code for 10% off at their site
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
just follow these steps to fix it
You need to reflash the OS on the phone you should take the battery out first then connect it via the usb cable to the laptop/pc you are using then open the blackberry desktop manager,click on the apploader, then install the OS.
pls not that when u click on the apploader the pin should be PIN:UNKNOWN you make need to do this like 4x before the pc sees the pin:unknown but it will work once it see the pin:unknown you can re-insert the battery and continue with reflashing the phone
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
SOURCE: blackberry isn't turning on
Try this method it works
When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:
1. Totally dead.
2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.
3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.
1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway.
2. Your device is not able to start, something has gone wrong and the OS is corrupt.
3. Geeks call this an "Uncaught exception error". That is a polite way of saying, the last thread has terminated, the OS has halted because it is corrupt.
In many cases, the Application Loader can be used from Desktop Manager or Windows,
If that fails to connect, there is one final solution. Go Old Skool ...
The good news, starting from scratch, you will be back in service in a couple of hours.
2. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version.
3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.
Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.
Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.
Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.
4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2014 | RIM BlackBerry Cell Phones
Sep 15, 2012 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Apr 03, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
May 17, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
May 13, 2010 | AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8310 Cell Phone -...
Apr 25, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Sep 05, 2009 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Oct 09, 2008 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Mar 22, 2017 | RIM Blackberry Curve 8300
1,131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: