Question about Yamaha DSP-A1 Receiver
The display problem is because the solderings on the back of the display are broken. To fix it you have to open the amp and redo the solderings (there are about 50 or 60 of them). There is a Youtube video that shows how to do it. I have fixed this on my DSP-A1.
I also have the problem with the motorized volume control. I have tried cleaning it, and it works for a few days, then it's stuck again. I guess I will have to replace it to have it fixed permanently. The part number is VZ621400, a new one costs about 40$.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Sounds like a capacitor problem in the power supply to front panel display,another common problem is everything o.k for a few miutes since power on then goes off like you say which could be down to dry joints on the vacuum display panel whick go open circuit when everythig warms up (open circuit meaning non contact) in non tech term.
Posted on May 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2015 | Yamaha Av Reciever Rx-v793 Cinema Dsp...
Nov 17, 2014 | Yamaha Audio & Video Receivers
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Jan 06, 2010 | Yamaha DSP-A1 Receiver
Apr 28, 2009 | Audio & Video Receivers
Jan 28, 2009 | Denon AVR-3300 Receiver
Jan 07, 2008 | Yamaha DSP-A1 Receiver
391 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!