Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Maytag microwave mmv1153aaw
my guess would be the wave cover. sometimes they smoke and makes sparking sounds. does it still heat food?...if it does, then its not the magnetron.
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
Right, that would be MCO10UW and the owner's manual is here.
The owner's manual does say this, of course,
"To prevent overheating from taking place, the exhaust
fan is designed to automatically turn on at a low speed if
excessive temperatures occur. Should this happen, the
fan cannot be manually turned off, but it will
automatically turn off when the internal parts have
cooled. The fan may stay on for up to an hour after the
range and microwave oven controls have been turned
That;'s standard on microwaves.
But these models do have a separate internal cooling fan (which should run any time you microwave) plus the hood vent exhaust fan, which should only run when you select it, or if there is an excessive stovetop or under-hood temperature.
So if it comes on whenever you microwave, that is incorrect.
When that happens, it's usually a defective vent thermal switch (a.k.a. hood TCO).
But since it's brand new, I would certainly contact Magic Chef about this. If it's in need of repair, they will fix it free, assuming the oven wasn't physically damaged.
For more help from Magic Chef / Ewave see here or their contact page.
For Magic Chef in Canada call 866.587.2002
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
the unit inside the microwave that heats called the "magnetron" has gone bad or the circuits that power the magnetron and other parts of the unit have failed. if its under warranty still, send it back to the manufacturer. if not you can call some repair shops and see how much it would be to service it, but its most likely going to be cheaper to purchace a new microwave since they are relatively cheap these days, they dont make them long lasting anymore, they are a "disposable" product these days
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Apr 29, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 22, 2014 | Maytag Over-the-Range Microwave
Aug 06, 2011 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Mar 08, 2010 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Feb 12, 2010 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...
Nov 11, 2009 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
Apr 19, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!