Question about Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Black text on my printer is blurry, alignment is ok and nozel check is missing afew lines but nothing too much.
I cannot print from word too well as the text is hardly elegible.
Please help I love my printer, tried a new pc and still the same
Please confirm that the head cleanings were done using the most effective method listed below.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2. Load letter size paper.
3. Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. Right click your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then right click the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL, HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. Right click on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4. Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6. When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8. If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9. Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
If the nozzle check still has gaps after you have run at least 3 consecutive cleaning cycles and replaced the affected ink cartridge(s), your printer will require service.
We know that having a printer serviced/fixed costs more than buying a new one, check out this link http://www.epson.com/loyalty .
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus R380 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 02, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX5000 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 15, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo RX620 All-In-One InkJet...
May 24, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Dec 18, 2007 | Epson Stylus CX3810 All-In-One InkJet...
735 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!