Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Switch to recovery mode! here:
copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
If your sansa dont work please go to this site.. this will work i'm not lying please you be glad you did.. please dont return your sansa just go to this site
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
Hihi i been talked to one nice guy named chris if you e200 modell don´t work and wont boot you only see a black screen and blue wheel and cant come into recovery mode then you will need a linux os you can get an live cd i think ubuntu is the most ppl use (the new ones to it) you can download one ubuntu live cd on: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download it´s legal and free !!
then do like this(on the ubuntu):
ready for some fun fixing your sansa?
There's four files you need to get, plus one you need to create. Copy and paste the following lines:
After everything finishes downloading, check the md5sum for each file:
That should return:
If any of those lines don't match, redownload the file and check the md5sum again.
Then, make the e200tool file executable, switch to root (if you aren't already; enter password if needed), put your Sansa into Manufacturing mode, and program the i2c:
Keep in mind - there seems to be a 15 second timeout for Manu mode, so if you get a -71 error, try again.
chmod +x e200tool
(Put sansa in Manu mode)
./e200tool i2cprogram i2c-e260.bin
Also, you can use that i2c file even if you don't have an e260 - they're all the same.
I don't have a working Linux computer at the moment, but I believe at this point you need to turn your Sansa off. Hold power for 15 seconds, then go back to Manu mode.
Next, recover the bootloader to get to recovery mode:
./e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
When the display turns on, hold the REC button. If you don't get into recovery mode, try again.
Once in Recovery mode, place
i2c-e260.bin, BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom, PP5022.mi4, and sansa.fmt
on the recovery mode drive.
Disconnect the sansa, turn off hold, and it should (hopefully) work.
Posted on Feb 07, 2008
My e250 is kinda bricked, i cant restore, the only thing that works is the wheel cause the light´s on, and the screen is all black
does any knows how can i restore it on OSX?
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
Hey i cant do it either.
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
please can somebody send me a email there because when i connected the first time this mp3 on my pc well it said something that if i wanna contineau the instalation or stop.and the computer recomended to stop the instalation.
so i stopped it.and now i dont see the icon anywhere.
when i check in my computer i dont see anything.
and i dont see the same message again.
so what should i do now?
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2013 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Mar 02, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Sep 20, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Aug 10, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e270 MP3 Player
May 05, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Nov 25, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Oct 24, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Aug 25, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
710 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: