Before you try any of the steps / Methods provided below try this:
Turn OFF power saving mode when charging. This is not mentioned anywhere online or in the user manual but works like a magic to resolve slow charging issues. If you still face the issue try various solutions here under.
Solutions for Slow Charging Problem on SamsungGalaxy S3
Method 1-System Dump
System mode is a debugging panel where you can test, debug and execute different functions. There are also useful functions to give a boost to your network
Open Up Dialer
>Scroll down, and Click "Low Battery Dump"
>Tap to Turn On
Sometime slow charging issue on android devices
occurs because of some software. So uninstall theunwanted software from your phone and then see if the problem is resolved or not. Another thing youcan do is master reset.
To master reset your phone, the steps you need to perform are Cache partition, Master reset and Safemode.
- When you are facing slow charging issue on your Samsung Galaxy S3 you need to clearthe cache partition. It will clear different parts of your phone storage but will not delete any personaldata. To clean cache partition, turn off your phone and press the home key, power key and volume upkey altogether. When the phone starts vibrating, release the power key but keep holding volume up andhome keys. When you see the Android System Recovery screen, release both the keys. Now forhighlighting "wipe cache partition" press the volume down key. Select the option by holding power keyand wipe the cache. Highlight "Reboot system now" and press power key to restart the phone.
Master Reset from Setting Menu
- Master Reset may delete data from your phone's internal storage suchas images, content, apps, etc. But the data on SD or SIM remains saved. Back up all the data on internalstorage.
Then Tap the menu key> Settings> Accounts> Back Up and Reset> if desired, tap Automatic restore andBack up my data > Factory data reset> Reset device. If the screen is locked, then enter password and tapContinue> Delete all.
Safe Mode- Safe mode allows you to turn on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by disabling the third party apps.Then you can uninstall the apps that may be creating the Slow Charging Problem. To turn on the safe mode turn off your phone, then hold the power key. When you see "Samsung GalaxyIII" on the screen, release the power key and hold the volume down key.Keep on holding the key untilthe phone restarts. At the bottom corner of the screen, "safe mode" will appear and now release thekey.
Then uninstall the third party apps by going Menu> Settings> More> Application managers,Downloaded> tap the preferred application, then tap uninstall> Ok.
Then turn off safe mode by pressing and holding the power key> restart> Ok.
Download and Install Greenify
Greenify is battery saving app that works best with battery boaster lite. Greenify places your appsin hibernation when not in used, this stop your phone from lagging and leeching the battery.
The Battery Boaster Lite is a power battery tuner application.It gives you full control of your battery andCpu. This app shows what is draining your battery and how to fix it.
Sometimes slow charging problem occurs because of the apps that keep running in the background. So,though you charge the phone for hours after hours, it shows only 35% or less charge in the battery. Toclose those apps:
> Hold the home button and release it when you see the recently used apps screen.
> At the bottom, you will find the task manager button. Tap on it, then touch End all applications.
> At the top, you will find an option RAM, tap on it and clear memory.
These steps will close all the apps that are running in the background when the phone is charging, andthis is why it is slowing down the charging process.
Method 6 - Fix slow charging on android - Re-calibrate
How to Re-calibrating your android?
Remove the Battery from your Android
- Plug in original charger into your android without the battery inserted, VIA Power Supply .
- Leave it there plugged in for 30 Mins.
- After, insert the battery without removing the charger
- Let it charge to 100%
- When the battery is fully charged. Remove the charger
- Let your phone drains to 0%(Discharge) ( Do intensive CPU usage tasks, Playing games, streaming videos etc.)
- Repeat these step twice.
- The battery will subsequently receives it's charging cycle.
- By performing this every 3 times in per 6 months will keep your battery in good standing.
Thank n Regards
Laxman / Fixya