Question about Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Try these steps:
1. First of all connect your PC Directly with Modem & check if you're able to go online or not.
2. If No , then contact your ISP.
3. If yes ,Disconnect CAT5 cable coming out of Modem from PC & connect into WAN port (on rear panel you'll find it) of Linksys WRT300N Router , After that on rear panel you'll find small hole with a Reset button inside it. Use needle or pen to press it quiet hard for 1 minutes continuosly, This'll restore all default settings.
4. After that give static IP - 192.168.1.2 to your PC ,subnet mask 255.255.255.0 ,default gateway - 192.168.1.1 & connect your PC directly with a LAN port on the back side of Router.
5. After that type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your explorer & login window will come , type username = admin & leave password field blank, then you'll get Blue coloured Router configuration page, From this page you can configure your Router.
6.Now if your Internet connection is Cable then default setting will work for you, However for DSL connection ,on this page you'll find internet connection type - selectiondrop down box - select PPPoE into it for DSL connection.
7. After that restart your computer & you should be able to go online.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 30, 2011 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Jun 18, 2011 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Apr 10, 2011 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Jun 15, 2010 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Nov 30, 2009 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Sep 14, 2009 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Apr 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2007 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Aug 05, 2007 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
272 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: