I can get no response from my oven....all there is is the letter A showing on the display.We have tried pressing buttons(mind you have know idea what that will do) Does anyone know what the problem is.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Oven won't work
As you look at the clock A means automatic you want to hold in the Manuel button it looks like a hand and hold in the + that will then let you cook that's it before you do this turn oven off and back on then do as i said ok. good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When baking or cooking common foods in your oven, it is important that the oven heats to the proper temperature. Otherwise, the food in your oven could become over- or undercooked. The electric ovens are able to be calibrated if only slightly off, however, if the temperature is 25 degrees off or more, you should replace the oven sensor. The oven sensor is the device in the oven the detects the temperature. The control board increases or decreases the oven temperature, depending on the oven sensor reading. Before calling a repair technician, attempt to calibrate your oven or change the oven sensor.
1 Turn on the oven and set the temperature to a medium-heat setting, such as 350 degrees.
2 Allow the oven to preheat and then open the door and insert the oven thermometer.
3 Allow the oven thermometer to remain in the oven for a few minutes and the look at the temperature reading, comparing it to the oven temperature setting.
4 Recalibrate the oven if the temperature is only slightly off, or replace the oven sensor if the temperature is greatly off, such as 25 degrees or more.
Calibrating the Oven
1 Turn off the oven to prior to calibrating. 2 Press and hold the "Bake" button until the calibration settings are displayed on the display.
3 Use the arrow buttons or "+" and "-" buttons to adjust the temperature the number of degrees that the oven is out of calibration.
4 Press the "Start" button to save the calibration settings.
Replacing the Oven Sensor
1 Unplug the oven from the wall or cut the power to the oven in your breaker panel.
2 Open the oven door and remove the oven racks.
3 Locate the oven sensor, located at the top-center of the rear oven wall.
4 Remove the mounting screw securing the oven sensor to the wall and then pull the oven sensor away from the wall.
5 Remove the cable connected to the terminal on the rear of the oven sensor and then discard the oven sensor.
6 Connect the cable to the terminal on the new oven sensor and then reposition the oven sensor and secure it using the mounting screw.
7 Replace the oven racks and then restore power to the oven.
These things are a pain! When you first power up a lot of New Workd ovens, they come up in AUTO mode and the oven won't work, so you have to take it out of auto mode and stop the clock flashing. I'm giessing that though your clock DISPLAY isn't working, the clock is and the oven think it is.
There are 6 buttons below the clock display.To take it out of AUTO and stop the clock and oven thinking the display is flashing:
Numbering the buttons from left to right as 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 (because they have silly symbols!) press the 4th button (a picture of a hand) you will hear a little click and the oven will now work. If you have to power the unit off for more than about a minute at any time, you will need to do this again
There are lots of different timers on fisher and paykal
The last one I reset was a few weeks ago it involves pressing 2 buttons at the same time I think it was the oven on and oven off buttons but I am not sure
You will know when you have pressed the right 2 buttons the display will stop flickering set the clock time using the up down arrow buttons
The auto light should not be on if it is press the manual button
Geoff Stove Recyclers
Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.
To Adjust the Oven Temperature (do not use Bake or Broil while adjusting the oven temperature): note: Your oven control was factory set in the (Fahrenheit) °F Temperature Display Mode. To change for (Celsius) °C, see page 15. 1. Press & hold the BAKE key pad and release after the display shows the factory temperature setting of 00. note: If the oven temperature has been previously adjusted from the factory setting, the current temperature adjusted value will appear in the display instead. 2. You may increase the oven temperature in 5°F (1°C) increments with each press of the uP arroW pad to a maximum oven adjustment of +35°F (+18°C). You may also adjust the oven temperature downward in 5°F (1°C) increments with each press of the doWn arroW pad (total range of -35°F to +35°F (-18°C to +18°C). 3. If you do not want to keep the display adjustment, press the clear oFF pad before the oven control beeps. This will cancel the temperature adjustment procedure. To start this procedure over again begin with step 1 above OR; 4. If you want to keep the adjustment, wait until the oven control beeps once. 5. The oven temperature adjustment has be accepted by the oven control and the display will return to the time of day.
I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response, thanks and good luck
1. Set the oven to the required temperature. 2. Press the g button. 3. Set the total cooking time with the + button (see the example in the illustration right, showing 1 hour and 30 minutes). 4. Press the h button. 5. Set the cooking finish time with the + button (the example in the illustration shows 12.30 hrs.). After setting the display shows the time of day and indicates »AUTO«. ❑ The oven cooling fan will start immediatley. ❑ At the pre-set time, the oven will be automatically switched ON. ❑ The settings can be corrected at any time. ❑ When the pre-set cooking finish time is reached, a signal sounds and the oven is automatically switched OFF. To turn the signal off, briefly press the h button. 6. Turn the oven selector switch to the 0 position. 7. The »AUTO« symbol blinks. Important: It must be switched OFF by pressing the E button.
I JUST CALLED FRIGIDAIRE AND GOT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELF CLEANING:
1. TAKE OUT THE RACKS UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND THEM TARNISHING 2. TURN THE "SELECTOR" AND/OR "OVEN" DIALS TO THE LOCK (OR CLEAN) POSITION 3. PRESS THE "COOK TIME" BUTTON 4. SET THE CLOCK TO 2 OR 3 HOURS (I.E., "2:00" OR "3:00"), DEPENDING ON HOW DIRTY THE OVEN IS 5. PRESS "START" BUTTON 6. YOU WILL HEAR THE MOTORIZED LOCK MOVE INTO PLACE; WAIT ABOUT 30 SECONDS, THE DOOR SHOULD BE LOCKED AND CLEANING WILL BEGIN. 7. CLEANING WILL STOP AFTER THE TIME SELECTED (I.E., 2 / 3 HRS) AND THE DOOR SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY UNLOCK
Try turning it off at the mains, then whilst turning it on, press and hold the cancel button.
Check the fuse and any other electrics on the same ring; eg. Washing Machine - this can indicate that the circuit breaker has tripped, replace any fuses and check integrity of electric on that circut, then flick it back on.
This just happened to me. I have whirlpool double oven accubake. The display went blank and i had to turn the breaker off. I left it off for several hours. When I turned the breaker back on my oven display read "Loc" in big letters to the right of the time. I held the start button down for 5 secs. The display went away and the oven started to work as if nothing had happened. I hope that is stays that way.
The control is automatically set to turn off the oven after 12 hours baking or 3 hours broiling should you forget and leave the oven on. If you want to remvoe this feature do the following steps:
1. Press and hold, at the same time, the BAKE and BROIL buttons for 3 seconds, until the display shows "SF".
2. Press the DELAY START TIME button. The display shows "12Shdn" for 12 hour shut off.
Press the DELAY START TIME button again. The display will show "no Shdn" for no shut off.
3. Press the START button.