For some reason, Cyan Cartridge will not print, and when another cartridge replace this cartridge, error on plasma scree, said does not detect cartridge(Cyan). Cleaning the contacts were the cart. rest on looked to see if anything was obstructing, any help ? Steve
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
An error occurred with the cyan printcartridge
drive motor during startup or
1. Check that connectors J5004 on the
cyan print-cartridge drive motor and
J207 on the driver PCA are seated
2. Replace the cyan print-cartridge drive
3. Replace the driver PCA
http://depottechsupport.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/8 10.92.YY CARTRIDGES NOT ENGAGED
10.92.YY CARTRIDGES NOT ENGAGED
The print cartridges are not engaged
1. Open and then close the front door.
2. Make sure all the print cartridges are
3. Turn the printer off and then on.
4. Inspect each cartridge lock-lever (on
the right side). Open the front door
and remove all cartridges and the
ETB. Then use the ETB holder on the
right side to move the lock-levers up
and down. Replace the cartridge lock
if it is broken.
5. Inspect the right side cam. This piece
controls the movement of the cartridge
engagement arm, the cartridge
shutters, and the OPC drive. You can
inspect this piece without taking off the
covers by wiggling the white rod arm
on the right side of the ETB. If it
moves easily, the part is broken and
should be replaced.
6. Inspect the ribbon cables. Folded or
damaged ribbon cables can cause a
short that generates an error.
7. Inspect the cartridge guide rails to see
if any are damaged.
8. Upgrade the DC controller firmware.
9. Clean the contacts on the memorycontroller
10. Verify that contact is being made with
the E-label PCA on the print cartridge.
Replace the print cartridge if the Elabel
PCA is missing.
11. On the DC controller, make sure that
connectors J1022 and J1023 are
seated correctly. On the driver PCA,
make sure that connectors J201 and
J401 are seated correctly.
12. Check the gears on the print-cartridge
drive motors. Replace defective motors.
This code means "An error occurred with the magenta print cartridge drive motor during startup orrotation." I recommend the following steps. 1. Check that connectors J5003 on the magenta print-cartridge drive motor and J207 on the driver PCA are seated correctly. 2. Replace the magenta print-cartridge drive motor. 3. Replace the driver PCA. 186 Here is a link to the service manual: http://www.feedroller.com/store/Service%20Manual/CLJ3000_3600_3800_CP3505sm.pdf Hope this helps.
No. You need all the cartridges installed with functioning chips for your printer to work. The reason why you need all the colors when all you print is black is because a small amount of color prints when you print black. The manufacturers want to make up their R&D costs on the printers by selling lots of expensive ink.