- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press the Setup button until you see Preferencias and press OK. Press the right arrow until you see an entry with Lenguas in it and press OK. Use the left and right arrows to scroll through the languages and press OK when you find the one you want. When prompted press OK for yes or Cancel for no. Use the right arrow to select the country/region for the language you selected and press OK. When prompted, press the right arrow to select yes or no and press OK.
The control panel display shows the wrong language
Solution Usually, you set the language and country/region when you first set
up the HP All-in-One. However, you can change these settings at any time by
using the following procedure:
1. Press Setup until Preferences appears, and then press OK.
2. Press until Set Language & Country/Region appears, and then press OK.
You are prompted with a list of languages. You can scroll through the list of
languages by pressing or .
3. Press OK on the appropriate language.
4. When prompted, press OK to select Yes or Cancel to select No.
You are prompted with a list of countries/regions for the selected language.
5. Press to select the appropriate country/region, and then press OK.
6. When prompted, press to select Yes or No, and then press OK.
You can confirm the language and country/region by printing a Self-Test Report,
1. Press Setup until Print Report appears, and then press OK.
2. Press until Self-Test Report appears, and then press OK