Question about Universal Remote Control DIRECTV Universal Remote Control
We got our parents an Emerson TV LC320EM8 for Christmas. The only problem is that the Dish Network Universal Remote will not recognize any of the codes provided in the book. Any suggestions of codes or ways to program the remote so they don't have to have two remotes lying around?
This worked for me. I had to scan down quite a few times but eventually my tv turned off and I set the code with the # button. It may work for you too and save you some money on a UR.
Scan For Device Codes If the code for the device you are programming is not listed in the user manual or on this site, try these steps to scan the remote controls memory for device codes.
1) Turn the power on the device on
2) Select and hold the mode button for which you are programming, such as the TV button, on the remote until you see all the lights of the mode buttons flash. Once you let go, that mode button that you chose should now be blinking. When using the Aux mode button only use the number pad to enter 0 for a second TV, 1 for a second VCR/DVD, 2 for a amplifier, tuner, or cable box. Then press the STAR (*) button.
3) Press the power button on the Dish Network remote control.
4) Repeatedly press the UP or DOWN button on the remote to scan for the correct code (do this slowly so you do not skip over the right code for your device). When the correct code is reached the device will turn off.
5) Press the POUND (#) button to store the code in the Dish Network remote.
6) Press the power button to turn the device back on and try using other buttons on the remote to make sure that they also work. Sometimes the power button will work while others may not.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
I had the same problem with the emerson lc320em8. I thought i was just going to have to live with it, until I tried solution #3 with dish remote and it worked. Go slow and about 30 to 40 tries down should work
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
I had the same issue. I purchased a Logitech Harmony 520 at Walmart and voila everything works. It's the slickest device I have seen. Setup by PC software it easily allows remote key customization. Highly recommended.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Head to your local radio shack if you have one. buy the logtec harmony520 remote it works
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2013 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Feb 09, 2012 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Nov 27, 2010 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Nov 26, 2010 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Jul 25, 2010 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
May 30, 2010 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Dec 12, 2009 | Emerson LC320EM8 32 in. LCD TV
Feb 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 04, 2007 | Televison & Video
7,876 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: