Question about Routers
Unplug the router, Don't hook it to anything but you PC you are have the CD in. Use the cable that came with the unit, plug it into your pc ethernet port and one of the 4 ports marked LAN. Make sure not use the port marked WAN. Make sure you use the ethernet cable, not the USB. Power up the router, and put the easystart cd in. Once it autostarts, press the Easy Setup button on the router for about 8-10 sec. The Easy Setup on your screen should respond. From there out, follow the prompts.
For the manual, follow this link.
The quick start should solve your setup connection issues, if you have any. Also, make sure you have your firewalls disabled. And re-enable them what you are done, to be safe!
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
When the WL-520GU is powered on
- Holding the reset button for 15-20 seconds will cause the WL-520GU to reboot.
- Upon reboot, a pressed reset button causes the WL-520GU to go into firmware restoration mode. This does NOT reset the defaults (see the section below for more information on the firmware restoration mode).
- Since there is little to no warning of the exact instant the WL-520GU will reboot when holding the reset button, chances are extremely good that the reset button will still be depressed and cause the WL-520GU to go into firmware restoration mode. Hard booting the WL-520GU will get the WL-520GU back, but settings will NOT be reset.
When the WL-520GU is booting
- Holding the reset button during the boot sequence will reset the unit to its defaults.
- Care must be taken to press the reset button right after the power light turns off immediately after powering on the WL-520GU and not before, to avoid going into firmware restoration mode.
Based on the above, it should be fairly self-evident that the following procedure is recommended for using the reset button on the WL-520GU.
- Unplug the WL-520GU
- Plug in the WL-520GU
- The power light will blink
- As soon as the power light turns off, press and hold the reset button
- Hold the reset button until the power and wireless buttons glow green.
- The WL-520GU should now be reset to its defaults
Jan 20, 2013 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Apr 29, 2011 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Jan 04, 2011 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Dec 29, 2010 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Sep 12, 2010 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Aug 19, 2010 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Aug 23, 2009 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Aug 28, 2008 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Apr 06, 2008 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Oct 24, 2007 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Oct 23, 2016 | Routers
Oct 22, 2016 | Routers
514 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!