Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Screen I am in need of a new plastic screen for our tv. The screen was accidently bumped and there is a small opening on the plastic screen. I need to know how much it would be to replace the plastic screen. I need a screen for my Hitachi. Ive been googleing my head off. The only advice I got from truelove was a motto : dont give up: not any help at all.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • luvnnurse Jan 06, 2008

    thanks for thats helpful, now could you kindly tell me where to find the part number for the screen? Heres everything I kow about the television. Hitachi 50VG825 projection technology LCD compatible tech. HDTV aspect ratio 16:9 video system NTSC max resolution 1280x720

  • luvnnurse Jan 06, 2008

    This morning it made a sound like a bunch of glass falling.Don't know if this will help but figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it

  • luvnnurse Jan 06, 2008

    Now that you said it , it did sound like a big mirrow. As soon as I took the screws out for the frame the glass fell.The plastic looks fine,thanks for everthing. Where coould I get one of those books? Man you made joining the premium package worth every cent!!!!!!!!



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,153 Answers

Thanks for that! Don't give up is right!!!
Ok Since you have a Hitachi and I don't know the model, you can click on this link and find the electronic component area and find the Name brand click then look for your model. I would be happy to help if you can not find it. Let me know!

Truelove(Ok by me!)

Posted on Jan 06, 2008

  • Lashawn Robinson Jan 06, 2008

    Didn't know it was a LCD, how bad is it, I'm still looking!

  • Lashawn Robinson Jan 06, 2008

    Ok don't know if this good news or not, you mention that you heard glass falling, this maybe the mirror inside broken. My book tells me that the first is : Part# KR03244 which is LC58 Screen Assy. 50 the price is $362.47 and Mirror Part# KS08931- LC4x PF50(A) at $112.71. You can call 1800-844-7871 and ask if they have one or search around and shop for less. You can try MCM electronics., etc. Hope this helps again!



1 Suggested Answer


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My sharp 32c540 picture is dark since i bought it brand new 6 years ago.

You may just have to make a different kind of adjustment.

This is what is called a direct view or crt type TV.

Inside on the main board (see attached photo) is the "flyback" transformer.

Note the two little controls embedded in it----top one is focus--leave it alone.

Lower one is SCREEN and a very slight upwards or right adjustment will bring the overall brightness up.

You want to adjust it just till with brightness on set all the way up you have a normal picture.

Too much and you get excessive brightness and trace lines and or further too much shuts set off.

Some sets have two holes in back of cabinet and small tool can get in and adjust the LOWER or screen control and others the back has to be removed.

Lay set face down on padded surface, remove back screws and set upright---do not touch anything inside with set on when you make the adjustment--control is plastic and a plastic tool a good idea--I have used regular screwdriver but know what not to do.

Let me know if you have questions 98% chance just need the Master Screen bumped up a little bit.

Mar 11, 2012 | Televison & Video

8 Answers

My mirror is cracked on my toshiba 46hm84. How Do I replace it myself

Here is a picture of the front bezel removal to get access to the mirror.d11d1b4.jpg

Sep 19, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Dropped iphone screen cracked line across bottom of screen will not unlock now

You must change screen and digitizer. This will cost about 70$ if you open it by yourself.

If you open it up:

1. You need small screwdriver
2. Suction cup, smaller the better.
3. Small "sharp" object possibly plastic if you have.

4. Now start by opening the 2 screws bottom of the phone.
5. Use suction cup on the screen AND SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY lift it up.
6. There are connectors (flexes) you must use small object to get those open.
7 Now the screen and digitizer is out.

8. Start going back and put the new digitizer in place. Remember to put those flexes back on.

Hope it helps.

May 26, 2011 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

1 Answer

I think the inside panel is cracked

Yes lcd screen is cracked. No way to repair, other than changing screen. Cheaper to buy new tv.

Jul 20, 2009 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

TV attacked by hard plastic shark

I'm sorry to say that once the screen is broken due to those accidents, there is no way to fix the screen. Is time to buy another TV at this point because the screen repair it could even be more expensive then the new TV.

Jun 03, 2008 | Panasonic TC-32LX20 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...

2 Answers

I wnat to replace the screen

Hi there. If you just want to replace the plastic cover on the phone which is on top of the lcd screen then get a small screw driver and lift off the plastic from the top where the ear piece is situated. The plastic cover will lift of quite easily and you then just replace the clear cover with a new one. Make sure that you are in a dust free area so that no dust is trapped between the plastic screen and the lcd screen. You should be able to buy the plastic screen covers from ebay for under £5.
Hope that helps.

Apr 03, 2008 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Thick plastic film covering glass screen got deeply scratched while moving

Hi there!
I would simply replace the plastic sheeting. Will certainly be cheaper than replacing a tube. Glass tvs don't normally come with this plastic so leave it off if you can remove it. There is a type of spray on the market for this purpose, just don't know if available in your country. Please note: It is dangerous to use a tv which had been scratched beyond 1.5mm, The glass may become unstable and implode if bumped by accident. Good Luck,JUS004

Mar 08, 2008 | JVC AV-32FA44 32" TV

2 Answers

42HP66 - Cracked the Glass plasma screen

It is worthless. The glass itself is the sealed plasma display unit. once it is cracked it will not work correctly. The most expensive part of the set.


Feb 13, 2008 | Toshiba 42HP66 42 in. LCD Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

52 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76143 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6046 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85206 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides