The phone was dead anyway with the vibrator shorted out, so I got adventurous and pryed it out of its slot--it was just glued in--and cut it off right at the base of the "button". My phone works perfectly now but without the vibrate option. I didn't use the vibrate option anyway since I am retired and no longer need it muted in meetings, etc......
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In a case like this the phone most probably wont be able to be salvaged. The only thing you can try is to remove the battery, and back cover and soak the phone in a bowl of dry rice. Leave it there for 24 hrs and then try turning the phone on. But if the water damage is too extensive then you need to replace your phone.
Did you dry
the phone completely? If not here is the procedure to take out all moisture
trapped in the phone: Dry the phone, battery, any accessory, etc. with
cloth and wrap each piece, phone and accessories, in newspaper. Place
a few handfuls of rice into a plastic bag and then place the wrapped phone in
the bag with rice. The newspaper wrapping avoids direct contact of rice
with your phone because the dust from the rice can get into the small areas of the
phone. The newspaper and rice will absorb moisture. Leave it there (with the
bag open) at least 24 hrs.
When electronics get wet, they MUST be taken apart as soon as possible and dried out. It probably has some wet areas inside that may have fried some connections. Water or corrosion by the water have short circuited something inside. There is still hope I hope to either take it apart and inspect and clean the corrosion off of all electronics or take it to an electronics shop and get them to do it.
If it survived one dunking it will most liklet survive a second SOOOOO. I am into R/C stuff and when our gear gets dunked we rinse it out with ultra pure water, Deionised/distilled water if you can get it. I think that the detergent in the washing machine may have left a residue and be affecting your electronics so if you wash it carefully in distilled water (yep dunk it again, crack it open and wash it all inside)to get rid of the detergent residue on the board (note REMOVE BATTERY). Afterwards dunk it in methylated spirits (test to make sure it wont affect any plastic parts first)to remove the water and leave to dry in a warm spot for a day at least. 2 years ago I dropped a $500 transmitter in a dirty dam (Acid /fuel/road runoff)and did exactly this and its been fine ever since. Worked the next day in fact.
Its not a mobile phone but its always worth a chance. Once you've finished you may want to take it apart after you've tested it if its going and spray the board with CRC 226 circuit cleaner and water repeller. I've got it on all of my R/C gear and it gets regularly soaked for up to 1hr at a time in muddy water and is all fine.