Question about Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet Printer
How can i get this printer to talk to WINDOWS VISTA.
Please send me a driver for epson fx2175 window vista firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
Here is a link for the vista driver. Install new driver. This should fix your problem.
Posted on Jan 19, 2008
Windows Vista should automatically detect and install devices attached to the computer. Simply connect the printer to your computer and power it on.
If the driver does not automatically install, you can follow the steps below to install a resident driver which is part of Windows Vista. The resident driver installation should only be used if the printer is not detected and installed.
1. Click on START, CONTROL PANEL and PRINTERS.
2. Click the ADD PRINTER button. If you do not see ADD PRINTER, right-click in the PRINTERS window and select ADD PRINTER from the menu.
3. The ADD PRINTER wizard window will appear select Add a Local Printer.
4. Select the port the printer is connected to from the drop down window beside Use an Existing Port, click NEXT.
5. In the next window select EPSON under Manufacturers and your printer model under Printers.
6. In the Type a Printer Name window, Set as Default is automatically selected. If you, have another printer that will be the default simply remove the check and click NEXT to install the driver.
7. Ensure the printer is directly connected to the computer and that the printer is ready to print. Click PRINT TEST PAGE to test the printer.
8. Once the test page has printed, click FINISH to exit the wizard.
-Depending on your system the computer may ask for your Windows disk, if so insert your Windows CD into your CD-ROM drive and click OK.
-As the driver is part of Windows Vista, there is no Status Monitor available for your printer. Some printers may have an INK LEVELS options included as part of the resident driver. Otherwise, the printer does have its own indicators. The RED error light will flash when the printer is low on ink and go solid when it is out.
-If the ink levels do not appear, click GET INK LEVELS from the MAIN tab of the printer driver. Ensure the printer is directly connected to the computer as the Ink Levels does rely on full bidirectional communication.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
The driver for the Epson C60 printer is included with Vista - all you need to do is connect the printer to the computer with Vista running and turn it on. If you have already done this and the printer does not work properly (but see the info about the Status Monitor below), turn the printer off, uninstall the printer using the Control Panel-Programs and Features-Epson Printer Software, then reboot the computer. Once Vista is running, turn the printer on and it should then install OK.
HOWEVER, the printer Status Monitor (SM) is not included in this process and if you try to install the XP version of the SM, it will not work. Epson appears to have no intention of remedying this problem. This means you have no means of monitoring your ink levels, nor of changing the cartridges, cleaning the heads etc via the computer, although some of these tasks can be carried out via the printer control panel (see your hand book on how to do this).
A good solution is to use the free SSC utility as your SM - download from:
Install it, and double click the ssc printer icon in the bottom right corner (System Tray). Choose Configuration and set your printer type (C60), then close the ssc window. Now right click the ssc icon in the sytem tray and choose the SM function you wish to use.
If you have any further queries on this, please post a new comment.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 11, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Aug 17, 2009 | HP Deskjet 5440 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 30, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Jul 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart A516 InkJet Printer
Jun 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!