An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert that has over 10 points.
Re: touch screen not working on leapster
1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus5) Restart unit
Hi Le Voila
Thank you very much for you advice, my sons leapster couldent get to work for few weeks now, touch screen didnt work, change the batteries etc, but i fallow you advice it worked, he is over the moon
i am very happy i dont have to buy a another one you made my day.
I bought my 5 year old hers last year for christmas didnt work form time she got it.It sat in her closet till recently and then i almost threw it out this year b4 christmas and i was just sitting here thinking ill see what i can find on line about it and this was first thing to come up ur awsome! saved me money and now i have a very happy lil girl thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your Leapster 2 will turn on, but the touch screen is not responding to the stylus, try re-calibrating the stylus with the screen using the steps below:
1. Turn your Leapster 2 off, and remove the game cartridge.
2. Hold down the 'hint' button while the game is off. The 'hint' button is the middle small button in the row of three above the directional pad on the left, with a '?' on it.
3. With your finger still firmly on the 'hint' button, turn the Leapster 2 back on. Keep your finger on the 'hint' button.
4. The screen should be displaying the calibration screen. You can release the 'hint' button now.
5. Press the 'A' button on the right to enter the calibration screen.
6. A small '+' sign will appear on the screen. Touch it with the stylus. A new '+' sign will appear. Touch this with the stylus too, and repeat for as many '+' signs as your Leapster 2 throws at you.
7. The screen will return to the calibration screen. You can now turn the machine off. Leave the cartridge out of the console, and turn it back on.
8. Your stylus and touch screen should now be working, enabling you to sign in as usual.
9. If it is working correctly then you can turn it off, add a game cartridge and turn it back on
Thank you for using fixya! I hope I had helped you with your problem. May you have a good day!
Leapster L-Max recalibrates differently. I was trying to use the instructions and it kept asking for a blue button. For the Leapster L-Max push B, A, Hint, and Home when you turn it on. Do not have a cartridge in the player or it will think it is a regular Leapster. Once it says calibrate screen it will say to press A, then wait until a target appears in the upper left hand corner, touch it and you should hear a sound, then a new target appears in the lower left hand, repeat actions, then lower right hand screen, and finally the upper right hand screen. If it stops at any time and doesn't get more arrows, try it again or turn it off and see if the pen works. It may take several times to get it working again.
You need to recalibrate. Try pushing B, A, Hint, and Home when you turn it on. Do not have a cartridge in the player or it will think it is a regular Leapster. Once it says calibrate screen it will say to press A, then wait until a target appears in the upper left hand corner, touch it and you should hear a sound, then a new target appears in the lower left hand, repeat actions, then lower right hand screen, and finally the upper right hand screen. If it stops at any time and doesn't get more arrows, try it again or turn it off and see if the pen works. It may take a few tries to get it to recalibrate correctly.
We have the same problem and our leapster is only 2 days old.Do Touch Screen Calibration,it should help.I do it everytime for my son when he wants to play and it does help...But once u turn leapster off,u'll have to calibrate it again next time... Just hold down hint button while turning on.When the Leapster menu screen appears,press the A button.Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus.restart unit. ..That what we do everytime.
Answer I had the same problem and here is the answer I found
at leapfrog.com which fixed my daughter’s disney princess leapster 2’s
problem. Good luck!
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy:
1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted
2) Hold down the Hint (?) button while turning the unit on. Continue to
hold the Hint button down until the LEAPSTER menu appears.
3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button
4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus
5) Restart unit
Call up Leapster (c/s I reached was not in USA) and they will have you send in your Leapster and send you back a new or refurbished one. I was told this a few years ago, but never mailed it in. We had an issue with it shutting off, but seems to be ok? The kid's don't complain.