An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: rmote control code
Try 063, some people have had some luck with it but to they reported that the volume control did not work. Have a look at this website, they have a regularly updated list. It also has some advice on what to do if you can't find the code you need.
According to Hannspree press release they will provide the updates to SKY in 2008, sorry no month given!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Firstly you may need to identify which version of remote control you have, versions that are dated pre 2002 may not operate the more modern TV's and a new remote control will be needed see:New Remote Control Prices . To see which version you have, open the battery cover on the back of the Sky remote and look at the text on the sticker it will state 'Sky rev' (or Sky+ rev or Sky HD rev), followed by a number, such as 4, 6 or 8. This number indicates the version of your Remote Control. Version 1: August 1998 Version 2: December 1999 Version 4: May 2001 (Sky+ introduced) Version 6: March 2004 Version 8: January 2006 (includes all current Sky+HD remote controls)
Programming the remote control To control your TV firstly switch on the TV set, point the Sky remote at the TV, press the "TV" button on the Sky remote, then press and hold the "Select" and "Red" buttons together until the red light at the top of the Sky remote control flashes twice. Enter the code for the TV listings below (Use the 4 digit codes from the left hand column), the red light will flash twice if a valid code has been entered. Press the standby button on the Sky remote control, this should switch the TV set off, if so then press the "Select" button to store the settings. You should now be able to switch the TV back on and use the volume control button from your Sky remote. If the TV did not switch off then it may require a different code, you can either start again using one of the alternative Direct codes below or continue with this process by continuously pressing "TV" then "Standy" then "TV" then "Standby" etc until the TV set switches off. This will provide a manual scan for variations within that product code.
If you are still unable to control your TV from the remote control see: Programming The Sky Remote or go to Sky's official website where you can see if a particular remote control version number will operate your make of TV, this can be found at: Sky please remember to use your back button.
1) Switch on the TV set
2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote 3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again 5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV (try 0206) 6) The LED should blink twice, if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1 7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby) 8) Press select to store this setting If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a particular make of TV.
This really depends on which brand/model of TV you have and which Sky remote version. The code you need is specific to the brand/model of TV.
The Sky remote version is printed on a sticker inside the battery compartment. The older Sky remotes will have "RC1600/00" on the sticker. Newer versions will also have either "Rev 4", "Rev 6", or "Rev 8" on the sticker.
If you have a new TV and an older Sky remote (i.e. before Rev 8) your remote may not work with your TV and you will need to buy a new Sky remote if you want to operate TV and Sky box with one remote.
Please post back with your Sky remote version number and your TV brand and EXACT model number. I will then be able to provide codes for your remote and programming instructions.
You have to programme the correct code for your TV into the Sky remote.
You can get these via "Sky Active" (if your box is connected to a phone line) or from the Sky website, or google search: "Sky remote codes".
However your sky remote wont necessarily control more recent televisions unless you have a REV8 remote control. You can check this by taking the battery cover off your remote and looking at the sticker inside. If it says RC1600/00 you're probably not going to be able to control your TV. REV4 and REV6 are more likely to work - but not guaranteed. If it says REV8, then you are probably not using the correct code or you're not programming the remote correctly.
If you have REV8, the correct code for your TV (according to Sky) is: 0678 or 1678 or 0254
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Skyremote control again.
5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Skyremote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.
6. Press the standby button on your Skyremote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Skyremote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).
If at this point the LED on the Skyremote control blinks three times then all possible codes for that make of receiver have been checked. Repeat from step one, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.
At the end of the sequence, if you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now complete the following steps.
8. Press tv on your Skyremote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Skyremote control blinks twice.
10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.
11. Press select on your Skyremote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.
LG Lucky Goldstar 20LCR1 SKY+ Rev 8 0206 ashley hawkins
RZ-37LZ55 SKY+ Rev 6 1206 Dan Note: The LG codes that Sky have provided us to work with our newer television sets are; 0037, 0056, 0060, 0065, 0080, 0081, 0125, 0137, 0178, 0191, 0204, 0244, 0245, 0275, 0318, 0389, 0391, 0398, 0405, 0459, 0502, 0742, 1146, 1367. We also have some older codes; 206, 037, 060, 065, 080, 137, 191, 244, 245, 275, 318, 389, 391, 398, 405, 459, 502. The codes are stored in a database of the Sky remote. If the above codes don't work you may need to buy the latest Sky remote. Otherwise it is a matter of waiting for the new Sky remote which may have the updated codes. Best regards, LG Electronics.
If none of the above codes work try this:
1) Switch on the TV set
2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote
3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
4) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)
5) Press select to store this setting
If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful.
Seems to be a handy way if you can't find the code for a TV. It worked after about the 6th or 7th time hitting TV then Standby for me.