Question about Canon PowerShot S200 / IXUS 178 Digital Camera
The images won't import from my memory card on to the computer it keep saying( The following error occurred while finding pictures and videos to import: The filename,directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
Google's Picasa program should be able to get those images for you, http://picasa.google.com/ (it won't be picky like Canon's Software).
If worst comes to worst:
1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on the memory card
3. From the popup menu, click "Search"
4. In the left hand pane, you should see something reading "What do you want to search for"
5. Below that, click the item that reads, "pictures, music, video"
6. Start the search
7. Once the search is finished If your pictures and video appear copy and paste everything to your desktop (or wherever you want the photos)
Additionally, once you get everything off the card you should probably format it using the camera (see your instructions manual) to make sure you don't get that error again
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2014 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W560 Digital Camera
Apr 13, 2011 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Apr 07, 2011 | Fuji FinePix A345 Digital Camera
Apr 04, 2011 | Digital Cameras
Mar 14, 2011 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH22 / DMC-FS33...
Sep 24, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD890 IS / IXUS 970 IS...
Jun 07, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 Digital Camera
Nov 29, 2008 | Nikon COOLPIX L18 Digital Camera
Jan 13, 2012 | Canon PowerShot S200 / IXUS 178 Digital...
1,679 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!