Question about Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
WE HAVE THIS MASSEGE COM PORT OPEN FAILED
Maybe you are using a serial-to-usb converter cable and you havn't installed the drivers for that. It should be some sort of mini-cd in the box.
If not, then you need to provide more information so people can help.
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2014 | ASUS Essentio Desktop with Intel Core 2...
Sep 05, 2013 | Dell OptiPlex 780 Desktop Computer 1 x...
Try to to refresh USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall.
6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk...usb hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is always recommended to connect the main usb devices at the rear end usb port, as they require more power to initiate.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 19, 2011 | HP Pavilion s7700n (5584788) PC Desktop
Jan 04, 2011 | Dell Dimension 9100 PC Desktop
Mar 23, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Mar 04, 2009 | HP Vectra VL400 PC Desktop
Oct 07, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 24, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 02, 2008 | PC Desktops
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!