- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the power wire is ran to the battery an none of the fuses are bad , check ur ground wire make shore its get good ground an if thatdont work take apart the amp an see if the wire are connected to where ur power goes an the fuses
Something is def. wrong. did you check the fuses on the amp after the light went out? probly have a bad connection somewhere. check ground wire and power make sure they have a good connection and arent cut up and shorting out.
You have a Direct Short in the System Between the Head Unit and the Amp. Check the Ground on the Amp and then Check all the Wires behind the Stereo and the Common Ground There. You could even have a Spot in the New RCA Cables that is Touching Metal Somewhere. Please Rate My Response! Thanks!
wouldn't be the first JL amp I saw fried...but there are some tests you can do. First of all, double check your fuses, they may appear to be fine, but sometimes they are blown even if you can't see it. Either blindly change them or test them for continuity with a digital multimeter. Also, disconnect the remote turnon and jump power directly over from the power wire to the remote terminal on the amp, if the amp powers on then you have to go double check your remote wire. Hope this helps.
Apart from the external DC power fuse (I hope you have one in-line), the majority of in-car amps have 2 mini fuses inside the unit to protect the output MOSFETs from overloading due to incorrect speaker connections, ie, if the output impedence is rated at 4ohms, anything less than that is considered to be a short circuit, and will overload the MOSFETs.
After performing the tests suggested by KaeZoo, open the unit and look for printed markings on the circuit board, something like F1, F2, the fuses may not look like conventional fuses.
If the subs are rmoved from the amp (wiring), does the amp still go into protection without them hooked up? If no, shorted sub, if it still des, unplug RCA's, does it still go into protection? Also check voltage. Make SURE you have greater than 12 volts AT THE AMP using amps ground to check the power AND remote wires. Hit me back wth an update.Those amps rock.
Has the amp been overheating lately? It's quite possible that the amp could have just blown. Smell around the outside of the amp for an electrical burnt smell. If available, see if a friend also has an amp hookup and try removing your amp and copnnecting to the friend's cables. That will tell you if it's a wiring problem or an amp problem.