Question about Welbilt MR95TW Microwave Oven

1 Answer


Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 579 Answers

As you know, the microwave heats the food which then transfers heat to the dish which transfers heat to the cooktray.... Typically the tray and the oven chamber doesn't get very hot at all unless you have it on for a long time or are cooking something that is putting off a lot of steam etc. I think you would be safe trying your adhesive assuming it doesn't absorb microwaves itself.

Posted on Jan 05, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Do I keep the glass plate in the microwave when on convection oven mode

If it came with the oven a definite yes as it will be able to withstand the heat during the convection setting. If a ordinary plate is used it must be rated for use in ovens as it will become very hot on convection oven mode. So, if it can withstand use in a ordinary oven it will work just as good in a convection oven.

Mar 14, 2016 | Sanyo Microwave Oven with Convection and...


MICROWAVE POWER TEST Hi Everyone, In this tip I will show you how to easily test...


Hi Everyone,

In this tip I will show you how to easily test your Microwaves power. If it is sufficient, or if it is not heating effectively anymore.

Non heating Microwaves are a common issue, and the most likely component that is faulty is the Magnetron - These days Magnetron's are quite expensive (usually about 50% the price of a new Entry Level Microwave). Low heating could mean a Magnetron becoming faulty (unlikely, as a Magnetron either works, or it doesn't work)

Tools required: A Normal Glass (Heat-resistant, in other words Microwave friendly), Water (Room Temperature) , a Centigrade Thermometer (Can get this at any Pharmacy)

1) Fill a glass with approx. 125 ml water. Use water at room temperature (from the tap), avoid using refrigerated water as this will work against the test we are doing.
2) Measure the initial temperature of the water with the thermometer (It should be between approx. 10 & 20 degrees).
3) Place the glass with the water about 2 cm away from the center of the Microwave Oven plate.
4) Heat the water at full power (The highest setting possible on your Microwave) for 70 seconds.
5) Stir the water (For 5 - 8 sec).
6) Measure the final water temperature with a thermometer.
7) If the increase is 45 degrees or more, then your microwave is heating sufficiently, if not it could mean replacing the Magnetron, or purchasing a new Microwave.

I hope this guide as helped you. If it has, please rate it accordingly.

on Apr 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My glass lids on my nice tefal saucepans have loosen and i need two new black knobs please let me know where the customer service dept is so i can send for new ones

Keep the old knobs but put some Loctite thread loc adhesive on the screws. If you use the high temperature version of loctite, the screws will stay tight forever. Loctite is about $3-5 at hardware or auto parts stores.

Jul 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Our new microwave heats the containers but not the food. Container is too hot to touch. Food "looks" hot, usually boiling - but food isn't even warm.

Check on the material the containers are made of. If they are not microwave friendly then they will cause problems.
Some materials are designed to "Roast" the contents by absorbing the energy.
Check with a Pyrex glass container and water. The glass should stay fairly cool.

Feb 01, 2011 | Whirlpool MH2175XS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Crock pot Ceramic liner is broken. Can it be repaired? I really like it. Not finding ports online.

There is a high temp epoxy putties that can be purchased that would likely work, or there is also JB Underwater Weld which is a putty that dries like cement and withstand high temps and bonds very well. Also liquid cement would also work.

Dec 31, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Wattage Power

Unfortunately, the old owner's manual doesn't say, but you can do a test to see what its heating power is:


The following test will provide a suitably accurate measurement of the output power of any microwave oven. Variations or errors in performing this test will produce uncertain results. If the line voltage (from the electrical outlet) is low, the magnetron output will be correspondingly low.

Equipment needed:

- Microwave safe container with 1000 mL (1 Liter) gradation.

- Fahrenheit or centigrade thermometer


Pour exactly 1000 mL (1 Liter) of cool tap water into the container. Using the thermometer, stir the water, then measure and record the temperature. For accurate results the water should be about 60 degrees F (20 degrees C).

Place the container on the center of the oven cooking shelf (do not leave the thermometer in the container and remove any metal racks), and heat the water (at full power) for 63 seconds. Use the second hand of a watch, not the oven timer.

After the heating time is completed, immediately remove the container, stir the water, re-measure and record the temperature of the heated water.

Subtract the starting water temperature (step 2) from the ending water temperature (step 3) to obtain the temperature rise.

To determine the output power in watts, multiply the total temperature rise by a factor of 38.75 if you're using a Fahrenheit thermometer or by 70 if you're using a centigrade thermometer.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Apr 28, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loose glass in door

Silicone glue would be best since it has very good heat tolerance and, if the clear is used, there will be no problem with it absorbing energy but I wouldn't use any with colorant as it could have metallic pigments. 

Dec 23, 2007 | Whirlpool GH7145XF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Hotpoint RVM1425

The first thing I would suggest is to turn off the breaker or unplug it from the wall for a few minutes to "reset" it, then try again. If a reset doesn't fix it, I would think you may have a defective magnetron. When you heat something of very low moisture content, it can lead to microwave energy not being fully absorbed, but instead being reflected back to the magnetron. This can damage it. This is usually best left to a pro to repair. In case it might help, your owner's manual can be found online at:

Nov 21, 2006 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

52 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Welbilt Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8795 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4722 Answers

Gareth Cockram
Gareth Cockram

Level 3 Expert

657 Answers

Are you a Welbilt Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides