An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: tv wouldn't turn on
Try these simple trick to find out yor remote control working or not....
Point the remote control towards the Camera of a Mobile Camera
phone,with the camera on. While pressing remote, we can see a light
(Infra Red) coming from its IR LED through the Mobile Camera if the
Remote is working.
otherwise, the problem with the Remote sensor or related components of the TV.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
• Press the TV button or ON/OFF button while remote is in TV mode and there's a source of power to the outlet or outlet strip. • Make sure the TV is plugged in. • You might have tried to turn on the TV during the lamp cool-down. Wait a few moments and the picture will appear. • Has the power light on the front of the TV been blinking for one minute? If so, the lamp may be dead. Refer to the Power indicator is blinking or flashing section below for more information. • When you first plug your TV into an outlet, the Power indicator on the front panel will light and blink for approximately 30 seconds and then go off during the initialization of the TV. This happens only when the TV is unplugged and plugged back in. The TV can only be turned on after the Power indicator goes off. • Check the wall receptacle (or extension cord) to make sure it is "live" by plugging in something else, such as a lamp. • Something might be wrong with your remote control. Press the POWER button on the front of the TV. If the TV turns on, check the remote control solutions on page 53. • Multiple TV Setup might be set to the wrong option. Press MENU/OK on the front panel. Select Setup Options, then Advanced Options, then Multiple TV Setup. Choose TV (default).
Your RCA rear projection TV may not turn on from time to time for several reasons. First, check that the power cord is plugged into a working power outlet. Check that the outlet is receiving electricity by plugging a different device into the outlet. If the other device doesn't work, you may need to replace a fuse or reset a circuit breaker in your home.
If you tried using the remote control to turn on the TV, press the "Power" button on the front of the TV. You may have a problem with the remote control if the TV turns on.
If you tried using the front control panels and haven't tried the remote, press the "Power" button on the remote control. The television controls are blocked if the TV turns on with the remote. To unlock the controls, open the "Parental Control" menu and remove the check mark next to "Front Panel Block."
Finally, your TV may be performing a diagnostic check. These checks are used to find any errors in your TV. Wait a few minutes before trying to turn on the TV again.
TV Turns Off By Itself
You may find that your RCA TV turns off by itself on occasion. This is often because the "Sleep Timer" feature was enabled. This feature allows you to place a timer on the television that will turn it off after a specific amount of time has passed. The feature allows you to save on your energy bill and extend the life of your television.
If the "Sleep Timer" wasn't set, the television may have detected a power surge in your home and shut off automatically to protect the components of the television. Wait at least 30 seconds before turning the TV on again.
Finally, if you suspect the television is turning off for a reason other than a power surge, unplug the television and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. This will clear any errors in the television. After 10 minutes, plug the television back into the outlet and resume normal use.
A blank screen on an RCA rear projection television is usually caused by a loose connection or an incorrect setting. Check that the coaxial connection on the back of the television is secure or, if you're using an external device such as a DVD player, the video cables are secure. Press the "Ant/Cable" button to switch between tuners if you are watching television, or the "Input" button to switch between input channels if you're watching something from an external device.
The Standby LED blinks when the TV is turned on, then shuts off when the picture is displayed. If the LED blinks continuously, this may indicate that the TV requires service. Before getting the TV serviced, try power resetting the TV and factory resetting.
Try the below steps also:
Connect the TV to a different wall outlet and check if it helps. This is to check if the issue is with the Power.
Disconnect the TV from the Power Strip or the Surge Protector and connect it directly to the Wall outlet and check if it helps.
To Power Reset the TV, disconnect the Power cord for a short period of time (approximately 1 minute).
Then, reconnect the Power cord and power ON the TV.
To factory reset the TV, turn it ON. Then while holding down the RESET button on the Remote Control, press the Power button on the TV front panel.
The TV will turn OFF and then turn ON again. Then release the RESET button to complete the reset procedure.
If the issue persists, service may be required.
Not trying to offend you here at all, but ....
1. Plug something else into the same outlet and verify that the outlet works.
2. Look at the power cord for any damage like wear and tear near either end of the cord.
3. Once its plugged in see if you can turn it on using the power button on the front panel (not the remote)
4. If it came on using the power button then there is not a problem with the TV.
5. If it did not come on then Sorry I can't help.
6. If it did come on then make sure the "tv" button near the top of the remote (assuming its the original remote) was pressed before pressing the power button on the remote.
TV won’t turn on
• Press the TV button or ON/OFF button while remote is in TV mode and there’s a source of power to the outlet or outlet strip.
• Make sure the TV is plugged in.
• You might have tried to turn on the TV during the lamp cool-down. Wait a few moments and the picture will appear.
• Has the power light on the front of the TV been blinking for one minute? If so, the lamp may be dead. Refer to the Power indicator
is blinking or fl ashing section below for more information.
• When you fi rst plug your TV into an outlet, the Power indicator on the front panel will light and blink for approximately 30 seconds
and then go off during the initialization of the TV. This happens only when power is reapplied to the TV. The TV can only be turned
on after the Power indicator goes off.
• Check the wall receptacle (or extension cord) to make sure it is “live” by plugging in something else, such as a lamp.
• Something might be wrong with your remote control. Press the POWER button on the front of the TV. If the TV turns on, check the
remote control solutions on page 84.
• Remote Setup might be set to the wrong option. Press MENU/OK on the front panel. Select Connections, then Special Features, then
Remote Setup. Choose TV (default).
Power indicator is blinking or fl ashing
If the light blinks 5 times, pauses, and blinks again 5 times, the lamp is trying to turn on. If the TV doesn’t turn on after 5 minutes and
then the light blinks steadily for one minute, one of the following options is possible:
• Lamp door may be open.Face the back of the TV. Locate the door at the bottom of the TV and close it. Turn off the TV and turn
back on. The lamp should turn on.
You can easily replace the lamp yourself by following the lamp replacement instructions. If your TV is still covered by
the warranty, call 1-866-723-6486 to receive troubleshooting assistance and a lamp replacement.
• If your TV’s warranty has expired, call 1-800-338-0376 to purchase a lamp replacement.
To order the correct lamp, you’ll need to know your TV’s model number, serial number, and lamp type—this
information is listed on the Service Model Number sticker (example of the sticker is shown above). Face the back of
the TV. The sticker is located on the right side of the TV.
Okay!First i need to isolate your electrical outlet is working. Use another Video/Audio component(ex. dvd player) and plug the power cord into the TV outlet,be sure it has nothing to do with the outlet. If the outlet is working properly,Unplug the TV power cord and wait for 1 minute before you plug it back in the outlet.Turn on the TV MANUALLY without the remote control and see if the power stays on,if not,sorry,you need it to be repair.Don't waste more time on it. If you only purchase it for few months with a reputation retailer,there is no reason NOT to call them up,cause it should be still under warranty? solutiondoct
Out of 30 years in the repair field, I have seen this problem maybe 4 times. Once was a stuck button on the keypad of the tv. The other time was a second remote control with a book sitting on it and it would turn the tv on and off when someone would move something on the coffee table, another time was a bad solder connections on the microprocessor on the keypad circuit board and the last time was from a humorous neighbor in an apartment complex who thought he was funny who had an all in one remote control programmed for his neighbor's tv set.
I am having problems turning on the tv. I had lost the remote control so I bought a universal remote which was not working at the time I unpluged the tv form the powersocket then I tryed to turn on the tv the green power light stays on for a few seconds then it blinks two times then there isn't a power light on after that what is wrong
juzz i suggest that u would unplug the unit for a couple of minute the plug it back in on a wall outlet.use the tv/video button to change the video input if that button didnt work it may require service....jake