- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The drive motor may be bad and the disk is not spinning up or the laser is probably bad and it is not reading the disk. You may also want to make sure that the disk is firmly on the spindle. The Durabrand players have a stiff spindle and you have to press firmly till it clicks in or it won't spin up, causing the error.
It can be several reasons
1. Disk is upside down
2. Lens is durty. CD/DVD cleaning disk will help
3. Disk is in different formate (for instance NTSC for US but you trying to playback disk in PAL)
4. Disk has different region code (look is the dvd player and disk have the same code, or ALL Regions code)
try to use player on old tv again does it still work 4 yrs old dvd player is to old for new days dvs on new tv u def wann upgrade to 108p upscaling player samsung makes with hdmi cable to new tv flat screen or reg coneection will look 10 times better also older toshibia cant play read new dvds its terrible
Same here!!! We've only used it maybe 8 or 9 times. And it's been worthless for the past month because of it. It reads everything "no valid disk" and nothing will work. And I tried e-mailing customer support several times, with no luck.
Is it the correct type of disc?
Whilst these devices will play almost all 'commercial' disks
In many cases 'burned disks' Cumputer Data disks and audio disks are a No No
The manual/packaging will tell you which.
You could try a Lazer cleaner disk.
Failing that it looks as if the device is failing and needs replacing - I doubt if there is a repair option.