Re: Theres a message on the screen that says the card is...
Partition the card as 2x2GB partitions, then format as a FAT16. Put it into the camera and you should be fine. You won't be able to use all 4GB without a device that supports FAT32, but you will be able to use all the CF disk, but you will be able to use 2GB.
Re: Theres a message on the screen that says the card is...
Go to the sandisk website to the compatibility chart. It will tell you which cards are compatible with which cameras. here is the link: http://www.sandisk.com/Compatibility/DeviceList.aspx?DeviceTypeID=1004&ManufacturerID=1129
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Only some apps can be moved to the card. Here's how to check and move the ones that can along with some other tips for freeing up space in internal storage:
1.Go to the Home screen. Press Menu and tap Settings , then Applications, then All
2. Tap each app and tap "Clear Cache". Tap "Move to SD Card" if it's not grayed out.
3. If there are any apps that you've downloaded and don't use uninstall them. The phone won't let you uninstall system apps that are essential to the phone's operation. If you aren't sure if you need an app or not install ES File Manager (which can be moved to the card) and use it to back up the app to the memory card before deleting.
4. Open Messaging, if you have any picture messages, tap on the bubble containing the picture. Tap Save attachment. After the picture has been saved, tap on the bubble again and tap Delete message. Also delete any text messages you don't need.
5. If you use Gmail, open Gmail, tap Menu, then tap Go to labels, then Trash and delete everything in Trash. If you use a different email app delete everything in its trash folder.
6. Launch the Camera, press the Menu button, tap settings and make sure that "Storage Location" is set to "SD Card".
Could you please tell me the type of camera (model) and the type of memory and the computer that you are running? You might need to purchase a memory card reader and plug it into your computer and then eject the memory card from the camera and insert it into the memory card reader. Some computers come with a memory card reader in them. I would try that first.
If you filled the memory card past its capacity, you may have compromised the photos that are on it.
Try this:...go into the menu and find "reset"...follow the on-screen instructions to return the camera to factory default settings. Then, download any pics from the memory card that you want to save. Use a separate card reader if necessary. Then, with the card in the camera, go into the menu and find "format" and follow the on-screen instructions. Let me know how this works for you.
First, promise you will never use the internal memory again. Go ahead...promise. Now, do this:
1. Download any pics from the internal memory you want to save. Then, with no card in the camera, go into the menu and find "format"...follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Download any pics from the card you want to save. Then, with the card in the camera, do the format thing again.
Everything should be ok from now on.
By the way, using a card reader for downloads is what the pros do...you should too.
1. Go into the menu and find "reset"...follow the on-screen instructions.
2. With no card in the camera, go into the menu and find "format"...follow the instructions..
3. After downloading any pictures from the card, insert it into the camera and do the "format" thing again.
everything should work now. Remember, never use the computer to format or erase your card...always use the camera. Also, when removing the card from the computer, always use "safely remove hardware" icon at the bottom right of your computer screen.
lol, ok...The memory card will only go in one way. But check the little white switch on the side of the memory card and make sure it is NOT in the locked position. Once this is taken care of reinstall the memory card. Now in you options/menu screen you can select on there where you want your pictures to be stored...Device / Memory / Auto. You can either put it on Memory or Auto (if you have this). In addition, you may need to format your new memory card. This is also in your menu screen to Format Memory Card. Go ahead and do this. But be forwarned...if you do this when you have pictures on your card, it will erase all of your pictures completely. If you do those things, everything should work fine. You don't need a full charge for your camera to work, but if you have rechargable batteries, it is recommended to fully charge your camera before use. If you are using standard AA batteries this isn't necessary. Oh, and when your memory card is in the camera you should see a little icon on your LCD screen that looks like a mini memory card. This is an indicator that the camera recognizes you have the memory card in the camera and along with that will be a counter...ie 4/1200. The first number is the amount of pictures taken on the card currently and the second number is the total possible pictures you can take on the card before it is full.
i know this is late, but my camera had the same problem. 1. If you go in the setup menu. 2. Push the right button once and scroll down to the menu that says format. 3. It will ask you if you want to erase all data. 4. Select No and everything should be fine.
Did you possibly shoot video by mistake? Please check the video setting and see if you have a video that has filled the memory so its is full. If you have you can delete it, otherwise, run the format command from the Cameras menu and that will place the memory back to square one and you should be good to go. / Please let me know if that works! Thanks //D