Question about Delstar DS 31024 MP3 Player

1 Answer

Static Electricity I received my delstar mp3 player for Christmas, and I have misplaced my manual. Today, as I grabbed it, I got a shock of static electricty and now I can barely hear the songs with the volume at 31, which is the highest level, and the right ear phone, is making a high pitched sound. I thought at first it was my ear phones, so I put another set in, but it is not them. Is there a way to solve the problem or am I doomed to not being able to use it again.

Posted by on

1 Answer

Re: Static Electricity

If you created a desktop folder of the tunes you transferred to the unit... reformat! that will make the re-transfer of your tunes much easier. the unit is metallic and static is bad but unless you put it in the microwave you should be able to revive the Delstar 31024.

easiest way: erase the memory via the usb. look for the 'removable' storage device from 'my computer'. open the folder and single click the top file. scroll to the bottom of the list and WHILE holding down the SHIFT key single click the last item. you have now 'blocked' or selected all files. 'right click' select delete. poof, you're empty.

disconnect the Delstar from the computer by a single click on the usb icon displayed in the lower right corner of your computer's desktop (look for the clock) follow the prompts to properly disconnect.

remove the Delstar31024 triple"A" battery let the unit sit for thirty seconds, then reinstall the battery. don't turn the unit on until you've reconnected via usb to the computer and recopied all of your files back!

Posted on Jan 14, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Every time i turn on my mp3 it says incorrect format reformat the player

This happens to every MP3 player eventually. You will need to reset it and reformat. Sorry, there is no easy fix. The MP3 system software has crashed for an unknown reason. It happens.

Often, a crash can be caused by static that you, me, or anybody else can even detect or feel. All we can do is reset the device, format it, and install all of our stuff again. I have had this happen to Sansa, IPOD, TVIO, and others. Just walking across a wooden floor can build up a static charge in your body of over 500 volts, and you would never know it. When you hear the crackle of clothes being pulled out of a dryer, or feel the shock from grabbing a doorknob, the charge is in the tens of thousands of volts! It only takes a 50 volt static discharge to disrupt flash memory like that found in a MP3 player, jump drive, cell phone, etc....

Find the RESET button, and after the unit is turned on, hold it in with a paperclip or something similar for 3 seconds. This will return the unit to factory default, and you can reload it with all your stuff.

A good rule of thumb is that before you touch any portable electronic device, touch the biggest piece of metal that is near you, which will drain any static charge in your body. This is purely preventative, and not a fix-all, but it has helped me overall in not having so many problems with my personal portable electronics.

Good Luck, and thank You for using FixYa!

May 08, 2011 | Lexar MDA256-100 MP3 Player

2 Answers

I lost my instructions and need to down load them if possible.

I think this is your mp3 player, if not go to the manufacture's website.!!!

How hard is that?

Aug 27, 2009 | Delstar DS 31024 MP3 Player

1 Answer

USB Device Not Recognized error flashes on and off .

Instead of disable, right-click and choose uninstall. Good old static electricity will destroy many an electronic - the official right way to touch the computer (which no one really does) is to run your hand across a wooden table or other hard surface (not the carpet, now) before touching the computer or monitor - or wear anti-static gloves. Usually not a huge issue, but you have joined the unlucky minority.

-Tha Mp3 Doctor

Jan 09, 2009 | Samsung Yepp YP-T7JX MP3 Player

1 Answer

Static electricity

everything works but no volume comes out the dock or the head phone plug??

if it's the head phone plug you could have burnt something out in between well i guess that would be true either way

if it is the head phone plug there is a good likely hood you can get away with minor wallet skimming

if it's both then you got me and if it's the dock then just be happy it's not totally blown

Mar 25, 2008 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player

1 Answer

Downloading mp3 files from my computer


Mar 07, 2008 | Delstar DS 31024 MP3 Player

3 Answers

I can't find the manual for my Delstar DS 31024 1 GB MP3 Player

throw the thing out and buy something a little more durable and that actually works

Jan 31, 2008 | Delstar DS 31024 MP3 Player

1 Answer

Delstar DS-2821: What do I do?

I have had the same problem... But all I had was windows XP.

I just opened the 'removable disc' via my computer and made a folder 'Music' And just copied and pasted the file to that folder :D

Jan 02, 2008 | Delstar DS-2821 Digital Media Player

Not finding what you are looking for?
Delstar DS 31024 MP3 Player Logo

62 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Delstar MP3 & Digital Media Players Experts

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Mister Danger

Level 3 Expert

5625 Answers

Are you a Delstar MP3 and Digital Media Player Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides