If you look on your handheld, tap the Hotsync icon once. This will tell you the last time your Palm was synced.
Also if you hold your mouse over the Hotsync icon on your computer in the bottom right hand corner, this will tell you a last Hot sync date.
See if the two dates/times match up.
You can do a search on your computer for a "hotsynclog" file, this will give you a detailed list of all the processes that occurred during your sync. I would see if there are any errors listed there.
Also, you may want to make sure the Palm names match up with what you have on your Palm and the computer. When you click Hotsync on the Palm once, a name should appear in the upper right-hand corner. This name should also appear in the upper right-hand side when you upen Palm Desktop. There will be a white box with a name showing and an arrow pointing downwards. Make sure the two are the same as well and see if your information appears then.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would be happy to help you in finding resources for this issue. There are many places to get ebooks from and based on now much memory you have on your device will tell me how many books I can help you put on there.
As far as the battery is concerned I can help in finding a replacement.
Thanks Frank Z. 3868607368 http://www.attechcomputers.co.cc
Try this, uninstall your current version of Palm Desktop, then go to this link on the Palm support website http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/tungsten/tx/unlocked/home/page_en.html this will give you the link to the download for the TX version of Palm Desktop, this may or may not fix your particular problem but it is worth a try.
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
Remember to change (HotSync, Custom) settings before you perform your sync or else you will get duplicate records as I did. Good luck.
Support Knowledge Library
Click here to go back Click here to print
Solution ID: 25263
Switching between Outlook and Palm Desktop synchronization
Depending on your device, you might be synchronizing with Outlook using the Palm™ Outlook Conduits, or PocketMirror conduits from Chapura (find out which). Both of these types of conduits are installed and activated when you run the CD-ROM that came with your device.
What do you want to learn about?
* Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
* Switching synchronization: PocketMirror Conduits
* Synchronizing partially with Palm Desktop, partially with Outlook
* Note about data transfer
* Macintosh information
* Multiple users on the same desktop computer
Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
These instructions apply to the Palm Outlook Conduits that are included with handhelds released after late 2003. The Palm Desktop installer determines which conduits are activated during the installation process.
If you want to switch synchronization from Palm Desktop to Outlook, or vice versa, you'll need the original CD-ROM that came with your handheld.
1. Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. A window should open, containing the contents of the CD-ROM.
2. From the Discover Your Handheld screen, select "Install Microsoft Outlook Conduits" or "Change synchronization method" (depending on which device you have)
3. Follow the instructions for switching synchroniztion from or to Palm Desktop or Outlook.
4. See our note about data transfer
Remember: Some applications will continue to synchronize with Palm Desktop. Use Palm Desktop to manage applications such as Photos and VoiceMemo
what software did you download for your outlook conduits? the installation cd already has the outlook conduits you need.. you just have to install palm desktop first then you'll be given options whether to sync your handheld with palm desktop or with outlook. choose sync with outlook
If you have PocketMirror from Chapura (included with certain Palm handhelds), you can choose to install conduits that synchronize MS Outlook with the handheld applications Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad. You can choose to synchronize these applications with either Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook, but not both.
If you want to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, DO NOT install Palm Desktop from the Web. Instead, run the Palm Desktop installer from the CD that came with your handheld and select the option "Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook" when the choice appears. Visit www.PocketMirror.com for more information about Chapura(R) PocketMirror.