I installed Norton 360, the next day, I tired to print and a window popped up telling me that a printer had to be installed. I have a lexmark, it was working great unit this time. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but I rec'd a error saying that the printer spooler is not turned on. I went into service.msc and tried to start the service, but I get error 1068: the dependacy service or group failed to start. Can any one help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, I have the exact same printer, with the same problem (Windows 7 Home Premium). Yes, the HP Windows 7 Software/Driver doesn't work for this printer.
But I was able to find a successful workaround. Follow these steps in Windows 7:
1) Click on the Windows Start Button and click on "Devices and Printers"
A window should pop up showing your devices and installed printers (if any).
2) At the top of this window, click on "Add a Printer"
A "Add Printer" dialog box should pop up with two options on what type of printer you want to install.
3) Choose the "Add a Local Printer" option. Ignore the small print under the option.
A window will now come up prompting you to Choose a Printer Port.
4) Choose "Use an Existing Port"
5) In the drop down box next to "Use an Existing Port", choose one of the USB ports. That entry should say something like: "USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB)"
6) Click the "Next" Button
Now an "Install the Printer Driver" window should appear.
7) In the Manufacturer's Box, find and click on "Hewlett-Packard"
8) In the Printer's Box, find and click on "HP Deskjet 4200 Series"
9) Click Next
10) Follow the instructions on the screen to install. If Windows gives you the option to replace the current driver, then go with it.
11) Done! The printer should work. But everytime you plug it in, you may receive a notice from windows that the driver could not be installed. There are ways in Windows to hide that specific notice. But in any case, the printer should still print when you want it to.
first of all I would like to inform you that you have one of the best printers of HP
now the open port error 427 that you get is generally due to blockage in network or firewall
so we need to first check weather the printer is successfully connected to the network or not
so press setup on printer go to network and then go to print network config page it will be on view network settings
now note the ipaddress on the wireless tab of the page
open a internet explorer and then type the ip address in the address bar and hit enter
the printer page should open up if it does that means the printer is on network
now turn off nortan firewall and turn on windows firewall
now click on the add exception tab of windows firewall
it vista it will be allow a programs through windows firewall
now click on add port
and in port name type the ip address of the printer
in port number type 427 and then select udp ot tcp according to the error message you get in the installation if its udp select udp if tcp select tcp
now in windows firewall click on allow programs through firewall and then in exception tab check all the entries related to hp
apply and ok
now restart the computer
now try to install
if still you get the same error
click next if you have next highlighted and go to the next step and select the third option from the screen
that will be contiue installing the printer
complete the installation
if the next is not highlighted then add an exception in nortan as well
open hp.com and in the search bar type c01633677
and open the document select nortan and see the instruction to add exception
if still problem persists let us know
try a set of OEM printer Cartridges.
the newer printer is very "touche" about what type of ink cartridge you install. Also, the contact points on the ink cartridge may have being pushed in so much, so that the printer doesn't recognized it any more.
delete the norton internet security as its blocking the scanner files of your printer software .or try reloading the printer drivers again but if reloading the printer drivers does not helps then removing the norton software is compulsary as the files of printer are getting blocked so scanner is not working.
Spoke to soon. the supplied disc failed working the next day.
I think your problem is your firewall!.
Disable the firewall and see if you can print / start it scanning from the brother control center.
If so you know its a firwall prob.
I gave up on trying to configure Norton to recognise it.
I uninstalled Norton Internet Security and then reinstalled it after making sure the printer was printing and the scanning etc could be started. Working fine so far ( a few hours). I am reasonably confident that this will be ok. If the machine has already communicated with the printer then Norton recognises this and allows it. If however the first time you try is after installing Norton it will block it!