Magnatron seals? never heard of one of those before. i am 99.999% sure it is the magnatron itself. removing the upper grill and the control panel will not change anything. the magnatron is located back behind the control panel and is held in by 4 nuts.
I called GE about a unit running for 2 seconds and stopping, then stating the date and time needed to be entered. They agreed to pay for parts if I pay for labor. One repairman said it may be the manatron seal leaking and allowing microwaves to hit the control panel. He suggested removing the screws in the upper grill and then losoign one or two screws that hold the control panel in place. Tip it forward and try running the machine. If it runs okay, then the seals are the problem. I plan to try this tomrrow (it's in a rental unti) and take it in Monday to a shop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Generally microwaves should be on their own breaker. Hard wired ones are required to be by code.
If yours has a plug - make sure the plug is original with the unit, not added later or spliced onto hard-wired power leads.
Plug into and outlet rated 15A as the only thing on a 15A branch circuit and try again. If it still trips, try a 20A line and circuit. If it trips that, trash the microwave and buy a new one. Nothing is meant to be repaired inside.
No! if the microwave still runs, mix water and vinegar in a cup, set timer for 60 seconds and run microwave oven until you see steam develop and turn off, this will bond to the interior walls and should solve the burnt smell problem, repeat if required.
When you smell something wire is burnt..The first that needs to check is the inside wiring.You need to open the back portion of your oven to further see whats the problem behind..You can unplug from the source and using a MULTITESTER.Check both terminals setting yuor TESTER to OHMS value.If the TESTERS pointer moves a little it means its not short-circuited ans if otherwise moves to its maximum amount it means it is short-circuited that needs to be repaired..Wiring might have been burnt.If you gonna continue using it it might lead to further complications of defects.Try to check the motor that turns the turntable..check the heating filament.hope this helps.
Panasonic NN SD696S (SS) popout knob style (Costco): Clicked off; first occasionally, then frequently, then always after couple seconds (click from relay on circuit board behind keyboard). Checked fuse solution--too sad--not the problem. Checked Fan and various areas with VOM; then noticed browning of the two connectors on micro-switch by door-interlock?. Switch (marked Omron V-15G-3C25, 15amp, 125-250VAC). Inside points showed bad arcing, hence the heat to char the connector insulation. Bypassing the switch, the microwave works fine--Eureka!--which will do until replacement. Found Grainger has (w/o min quantity of 100), for $2.21 (2KRF8)--hope to pick up one Monday. Switch is kept in place by two plastic "toothed" fingers--should pop right back in if dimensions prove to be identical.