Question about ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
First, I would make sure windows is seeing your 1650 properly:
1) Start -> settings -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters
Do you see the card there? Does windows note any problems? If all is ok, then move on to #2
2) Preperation: have the back of the computer accessible. Unscrew the monitor cable screws from the video card, but do not unplug. We will need to switch between cards quickly later.
3) Setting up the primary monitor in the BIOS. This will make the 1650 the primary monitor until windows begins (see BIOS POST, etc). Get into your BIOS, Select "Advanced" -> Then "Chipset" -> then "Northbridge .." -> Then "AGP and P2P Bridge Configuration"
- Make sure "Primary Graphics Adapter" is set to PCIE
- Now select "Onchip VGA configuration"- Set the "Frame buffer" value to the lowest possible (64MB)
- Save and exit the bios
- If you are plugged into the onbaord VGA, let the computer reboot and wait until windows should have loaded. Do you see the windows output? If not, switch the omnitor plug to the 1650 adapter or vice versa.
-If windows is displayed on the 1650, then go to step 5, other wise go to step 4
4) Setting up the primary monitor in windows (only if onbaord is the primary): Right click on the desktop and select properties, then the settings tab. You should see 2 monitors on the screen, click on each and it will display the adapter/monitor information below. Select the 1650 adapter and then below, select "Make this my primary display from the drop down box". After hitting apply, quickly change the monitor cable to the 1650, a box shoudl show up askign to keep the settigns, choose "yes"
5) Disable the onboard VGA in the windows device manager:
Start -> settings -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters
Right click on the onboard VGA and select "Disable"
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Dec 31, 2010 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Dec 03, 2010 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Nov 30, 2009 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Sep 02, 2008 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Jul 30, 2008 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Feb 17, 2008 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
Oct 05, 2007 | ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
354 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: