- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There has been an issue with the recent iPod update where it leaves
the device in Recovery Mode. Here are some steps that have been known to
fix this problem for Windows users:
1. Disconnect your iPod from the computer.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Connect the iPod to the computer.
4. Select Install Drivers Later on the dialog that appears.
5. Hold down the Windows Key and press R.
6. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
7. Right-click Apple Mobile Device listed under Other Devices and then select Properties.
8. Select Browse...
9. Point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support and click OK.
The install should finish and your iPhone should now be all good.
If this doesn't resolve your problem, try this:
Open iTunes and connect the iPod to your PC or Mac.
Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake
button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a
message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
The iPod screen will remain black. Using iTunes, restore your iPod.
In order to put music onto your iPod, follow these steps:
1. Download iTunes from http://apple.com/itunes. iTunes is used to manage your music library, as well as handle the transfer of music from your computer to the iPod.
2. Install iTunes.
3. Add music to your iTunes library by selecting the 'File' menu at the top of the screen, then clicking 'Add music to library'. Browse your computer for music files and click 'Choose' in the dialog box.
4. Connect your iPod to your computer with the included Dock Connector cable. iTunes will recognize the iPod and walk you through setting it up and transferring music.
To jailbreak the ipod you will need to restore the device to the firmware version on which you want to apply the jailbreak. Restoring the iPod will delete any data on it and it will restore it back to the factory settings.
On details how to jailbreak the device you will need to know the version of the firmware you want to install and where to get it, since you said that you want to jailbreak it I assume that you know how to do that part.
To restore the iPod connect it to your computer and start up iTunes.
Under devices click on your iPod and you should see a Restore button on the right side, don't click on it.
Hold down shift and then click on the restore button while still holding shift, this will open a browse window which will allow you to look for your ipws file. Once you have found it open it in the browse window and it will start restoring your iPod.
When you plug you ipod into your computer, itunes will open. Try plugging in your ipod while pressing ctrl+q to keep itunes from opening. Your ipod should mount as an external drive if you have this option enabled on your ipod. Browse to your files to see if they are there. If they are, that would amaze me. The reason they won't play is that ipods don't support WMA files as far as I know.
Convert these to mp3 using RazorLame or something that will convert these. Or... I think itunes will convert them to m4a if they are already in itunes. Then they will work on your ipod.
Here is a guide to what you will need to do
plus make sure you have converted you vids, you cant play avi, wma, you need the files to be mp4
Hi! You want to use itunes website to buy songs and games or you want to use itunes for syncronizing your songs in ipod. If you want to add songs and other stuff to your ipod then download the itunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and install it. After installing the ipod connect the ipod with the computer.
After connecting the ipod with the PC it will automatically detect your ipod. And then add your favourite songs to your ipod by dragging them into the library or by importing them into library from file tab.