Question about Operating Systems
i take one presario v3604tu compaq laptop. i have setup in that laptop xp os.i have face one problem "make sure any harddisk drive is power on your computer and disk related hardware configration is correct" pls give a idera in below mail id.
my mail id firstname.lastname@example.org
To fix this issue, you need to install the SATA drivers in the
Here is the web link to download the SATA driver for your notebook:
How to use this SoftPaq:
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
To use the diskette during a new operating system installation,
the following steps:
NOTE: A diskette drive is required to use this driver. If an external
diskette drive is used, ensure it is plugged into the system.
1. Insert the Operating System CD and Power On the notebook to boot
2. At the very beginning of the operating system installation, the
following prompt is displayed at the bottom of the screen: "Press F6 if
you need to install a SCSI or RAID driver...." When the prompt is
displayed, press F6.
3. Later in the operating system installation, you are notified that a
mass storage device could not be detected. When this notification
press S (S=Specify Additional Device).
4. When prompted, insert the diskette that was created from the SoftPaq
file, and then press Enter.
5. Select "Intel 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH7M)" and
NOTE: At this point, the following prompt MAY be displayed,
on the version of your operating system CD. If the prompt is displayed,
press Enter to use the default Windows driver and continue, if it is
displayed, simply continue with Step 6. The prompt reads as follows:
Windows already has a driver that you can use for "Intel (R) 82801GBM
AHCI controller (Mobile ICH7M)".
Unless the device manufacturer prefers that you use the driver on the
floppy disk, you should use the driver in Windows.
S=use the driver on floppy ENTER=use the default Windows driver
6. Continue with the operating system installation, as prompted.
That is all...
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
Im sorry I didnt understand your problem???
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2011 | Operating Systems
Dec 10, 2010 | Operating Systems
Aug 09, 2009 | Operating Systems
May 28, 2009 | Compaq Operating Systems
Jan 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Nov 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jan 20, 2008 | Operating Systems
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: