- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't have the Schematic but did you replace the fuse once? You may need a Slow Blow Fuse. They are marked and just look different
A slow blow fuse is different from a fast acting fuse in its capability to withstand transient pulse currents, i.e., it can withstand the surge current upon power-on/off, thus ensuring the equipment works normally. Therefore, slow blow fuses are often called time-delay fuses.
Based off the information you have provided I understand that your fuse blows every time your Electrolux microwave starts up. It sounds like it could be an issue within the control panel, capacitor, or circuit breaker. Because it could be a number of any one of several underlying causes, I would personally contact a professional to accurately diagnose your microwave to determine the root cause to reduce the risk of unnecessary parts-Matt
Could be a lot of things but most probably a shorted high voltage diode assembly. If not that then the magaetron or capactors. Remember be careful there are high voltages even when the oven is unpluged. The capactors are usually charged and must be discharged. If you don't know what yor doing then time to get a qualfied tech.
If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.
If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.
WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to
service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the
power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry.
DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service.
About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing.
Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron.
Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )