An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: PS2 Disc does not spin
Just because you see read doesn't mean the laser is good. the laser has to read the toc (table of contents) for it to read the toc it must be at the beginning, it must be at the right depth from lens to cd and the spindle must spin. now if you have to spin the spindle that means it most like is not reaching the beginning of the cd or the spindle motor is bad.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 4 reasons a disc won't spin on the Slim PSP. The most common is a failed laser.
1. Failed laser -- the disc will not spin up to speed, or not spin at all, due to a bad laser. If you close the PS2 with no disc inside, the ps2 will never spin the disc. If you chose the PS2 with a disc inside but a bad laser, it still thinks no disc is inside and will not spin.
2. Lid closed sensors. There are two of them. One on the motherboard and one on the reset switch. These sensors let the PS2 know that the lid is closed. If one or both of these break, the disc will never spin because the PS2 will think the lid is still open.
3. Damaged case. If the case of the PS2 is damaged, the two parts of the lid that are supposed to press the lid-closed sensors will never press them.
For more information, pictures, and parts, click into the following page:
Go to www.PlaystationClinic.com The Laser optics may be misaligned or signals from the laser is restricted in some way or another. If the laser does not detect the disc, and send the signal to the Disc Processor, the motor will not spin.
ok...well all of you people are just **** him!
the actual problem is that you probably dropped the ps2 and the case lid got a bit lose......
what you have to do (if you dont want to buy a whole ps2 case again) is tap the ps2 on the top of the lid when it goes into the cd browser screen and it will work perfectly fine
just make sure you dont tap i too hard or else we will have another problem...lol!
try loosening the screw to the left of the laser i believe its a torx bit.( i just used a very small flathead). on my broken scph 30001 i used to have to manuallly spin the disk for it to read games so i loosened that screw and lubricated all the tracks with wheel bearing grease(white lithium would be better but i work on cars so it's what i had.