Question about Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P72 Digital Camera
I have a Sony Cyber-Shot Camera 14M 8.1 mega pixels Full HD 1080
When I plug camera into computer on the camera in the focus frame this is what comes up USB MODE and can't get anything else.
Georgia There are pictures on the camera.
Firstly, you should provide the model number of the camera, it will be printed on the base of the camera and will look something like DSC-XXX. This will help to pinpoint issues.
In your case however, it seems that your issue is a Windows one rather than a camera issue.
There are two ways that you can access your images. The first is to install the software that was supplied with your camera (probably Picture Motion Browser.) The second way is by using the Microsoft Windows explorer (I'm assuming that you're using Windows 2000, XP or Vista - the steps should be very similar for all, but I use XP so there may be small differences)
I'll quickly give you a guide to get your images through Windows.
1. Connect your USB cable to your camera and to your computer.
2. The Camera should indicate "USB MODE"
3. In Windows, click on <Start>, and then <My Computer>
4. In the "My Computer" window, you should see icons representing the various hard drives, optical drives etc. that are connected to you computer. Amongst them will be one named either "Memory Stick", "Removable Disk" or "Sony Cyber-shot". Click on this icon.
5. If you've selected the correct one you'll see a Window with the following folder in it :"DCIM"
6. Click on <DCIM> and you'll see another folder named something like "xxxMSDCF" where the first three characters are numbers, usually this will be "100" or "101". Click on this folder and you'll see the various pictures that are on your Memory Stick.
7. You can then drag & drop these pictures onto a folder on your computer's hard drive and delete them from the Memory Stick if you wish.
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2015 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100V 16.2 MP Exmor R...
Jun 14, 2011 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P52 Digital Camera
Feb 15, 2010 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
Jul 12, 2009 | Cameras
Jan 22, 2009 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S500 Digital Camera
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W7 Digital Camera
Feb 18, 2018 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P2 Digital Camera
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!