An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: cd tray stuck closed
If you are not a tech expert, i would suggest that you bring the unit to service center ahd have them remove the CDs themselves. you have to remove some screws in the mechanism of the changer and you may acidentaly damage the lense. Just be careful when you carry and transport the unit not to tilt on either side. you have to keep it up straight always to prevent the CD falling out of the tray.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this kind of repair requires certain skils and knowledge about the cd changer mechanism. Please claim for an in warranty repair or replacement of the system.
If you need more info please advice.
you need to open the cover of your component and have access to the mechanical system of the CD. The timing gears might got dislocated and you need to manually adjust them.check also if there are belts that are broken replace them.
It could be 3 things. 1. the Laser carrier may be stuck and may need to be gently pried from centre to outskirt and back. 2. your cd spinning motor has gone and needs to be replaced, 3. your laser carrier motor has gone and needs to be replaced, hope it helps.
The optics assembly is having a problem. Either it can not read the disc at all or the disc is not spinning. In any case, the unit will require service. If you can reach the lens, try cleaning it using a cotton swab and alcohol. That may resolve the problem. If not, update this. Please try to see whether or not the disc spins and report that as well.
If you sure that the system supports the disc's format.. And it won't play other discs... try to clean the CD lens.
If it wont help and you're NOT still under warranty you should at least open the system and look for Problems with the door opening/closing:
1. Make sure the drawer-loading belt is still tight and elastic. If not, it can be replaced with a belt obtained from an electronic-parts supplier. The replacement should be of equal or slightly greater thickness and should fit snugly but not so tightly that it strains the motor.
2. Check for broken or loose gears and have them replaced.
3. Check for obvious sources of contamination such as pet hair or foreign objects that are preventing smooth operation of moving parts. Small children have a habit of inserting items into CD players.
4. Use electronics-grade contact cleaner to clean the door-position contacts.