Question about Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
In the Music category if you go in, all it lists is one video various times and some pictures that aren't supposed to be there. Is there an easy way to fix it or a way to reformat the player completely? The player was disconnected when it wasn't ready so i'm pretty sure it messed up then.
NOTE: you only have to follow the process for ending automatic synchronization - repair is optional.
When you first synced your GoGear to Windows Media Player, you may have set up the automatic sync option. When this option is selected,Windows Media Player will add EVERY song, picture, etc from your Library on your computer to the GoGear. Now, every time you sync you device, it adds every new file from your computer into the GoGear automatically.
Here's what you want to do (this process assumes you have Windows Media Plaer 11 and windows XP - if you have another version, just let me know and I will give you modified instructions - reply to the FixYa website, not to my personal e-mail address):
1) Backup all files stored on your GoGear, as this process will delete all files from your GoGear
2) Go into Windows Media Player 11 with your GoGear connected to the computer (it will automatically sync and add new files one last time), move the mouse cursor over to the sync tab; a small black arrow will appear under the word "Sync"; click on the small black arrow and a dropdown menu will appear; select "Portbale media device" from the dropdown menu, and another dropdown menu will appear; select "Set Up sync"; a window will appear with some information on your device - uncheck the box that says "Sync this device automatically"; click Finish; This will eliminate the problem of Windows always adding songs/files you don't want into your player
3) As long as the GoGear now says, "OK to disconnect from PC," then open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
4) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
5) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is succesfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new
6) you will have to re-add all your files (only the ones you want in there) to the GoGear as the Repair process has deleted all files on the device; as long as you followed the process in Step 2 above, then Windows Media Player will no longer add the files you DON'T want to the GoGear
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Mar 29, 2012 | Acer Aspire 7741z
Mar 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2011 | LG Quantum (16 GB) Smartphone
Dec 08, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable Silver Console
Jan 04, 2010 | Motorola Mobility Krave™ ZN4 Cell Phone
Aug 10, 2009 | HTC XV6900 Cell Phone
Jan 09, 2008 | RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!