Question about Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
My Treo was water damaged. All functions have returned to normal (amazingly) except that the other party can barely hear me talking when I place a call without a headset. I have found a place online where I can buy a replacement microphone. Is this something a relatively handy and technically competent person can just figure out?
BACK UP your Treo 650 software and data BEFORE doing the following.
1. RESET the Treo 650 back to default set by holding power buttom following by reset the treo.
2. There is a way to reset the voltage regulator in the Treo ; believe is by holding the RESET for > 3 seconds. Believe need to take out the battery in out during this process. Can't recalled the correct steps. This could could reset the Treo's power regulator.
3. TRY reinstall your palm software with minimun software or 3rd parties one, this software could be running in the back ground which drain the battery.
Try above steps might help.
Mine also got the same problem last two weeks, my treo could felt there is kind warm sensation if it took out from my waist pouch after leaving it for sometime on the table. BTW, the battery could felt quite warm also.
If yours also behave the same which I believed the Treo got some kind of contact problem which draw more power then usually does.
Now, mine got no more warm sensetion after carry out above steps. It gets better as Compared to last two weeks ago BUT not that good as compared previously when it can last 3~4 days after a full charge.
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
if you are using Vista ultimate, it is a 64 bit operating system and therefore palm doesn't have official support for it yet, but someone has found a solution:
Posted on Jul 19, 2008
Four things it could be are:
1. You are in an area that doesn't provide service for the sim card you have inserted.
2. There is a bad connection inside the phone between the antenna and the main board.
3. If it is locked for a network and a different network's sim card is inserted it may cause this problem.
4. A problem with the main board or the firmware could be the culprit.
Unfortunately, unless you have experience with these phones it will be difficult to diagnose which is your problem.
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2010 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Jul 02, 2010 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Feb 21, 2010 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Aug 31, 2009 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Apr 13, 2009 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Jan 17, 2009 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Aug 18, 2008 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Jun 22, 2008 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Apr 21, 2008 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: