I was heating potatos in the microwave when all power was shut down on the unit. I checked fuses, power to outlet and all is working fine. The microwave has not regained power and has no sign of life. This microwave was made in June of 2007. I received this as a gift and am very dissappointed with the quality so far. I trust GE but, have little faith in this microwave. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Ge microwave model #JVM1540SM1SS
Check the internal fuse. Unplug it, unscrew and take off the cover, the
fuse should be easily found in the back by the power cord. It looks
like a regular fuse but is white instead of clear glass because
microwave fuses are special. You'll have to measure it with a meter as
a result and be sure to replace it with the same kind. (try finding
them at radio shack) Hopefully there isn't something more serious also.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is time to replace the microwave oven, it is 11 years old and prices in microwaves has dropped considerably. To repair the old! magnetron would need to be replaced, "most expensive part" and other unknown problems would need to be addressed.
It is possible that your magetron is not working.First of all disconnect the power, open the top,if you had checked the fuse to be good then check the high voltage power capacitor and teh wores to the magnetron. If all these seems fine then a voltge check must be made when the set works in microwave mode. Put in a cup of wter and switch on. If the relay does not click along with the fan coming on , then the relay circuit must be checked. If you are not familiar please take help as it is dangerous to probe without any klnowledge. I am sure there cannot be anything serious than a failure of the one of these. hope my advice helps you out. Good day
probably blew the magnetron or high voltage transformer DONT test either unless u discharge the capacitor possible shock risk that unit is still live even unplugged.... i wanna telll you these days that micros are disposable items because the parts are gonna cost more than just to buy a new one plus if any arching occured that same problem is gonna occur again if it did work so basicallly that miro is kapout... hope this helped
yes, at the back of the microwave there are 4 or 6 screws, take them out and then pull the cover follow the cable( the one you connect to the outlet) going to the inside of the microwave inside you will see the fuse change it with the same size, it is a slow burn fuse
There are replacable fuses inside. Taking the microwave apart requires removal of a lot of screws and the cover that can be rather bulky. make sure it's unplugged and safe before you begin. you can get replacement fuses at radio shack, ect. be sure to buy the same type and amperage. if the blow a second time there may be other issues.
I have model GE Microwave serial # JVM2070SK02. I start to cook something and it shuts off 5~10 seconds. Keyboard is still lit up, but no clock, fan, light and you cannot operate anything on the key pad. Unplug the unit and it resets. Sometimes it cooks, sometimes it doesn't? It is getting more frequent with the shutting down problem?
After washing you need to poke holes in potatoe skins or the steam can cause them to explode. Cook potatoes no longer than 6 to 8 minutes depending on your units power.
Microwave ovens can be very dangerous if damaged, so you will be safer to replace the unit. Better safe than sorry. Service on microwave ovens is not cost effective, and the newer ovens are very reasonable.