Question about GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
It turns out that this is a very simple fix (JVM1790) that will cost a trip to walmart and 7 dollars (package of two 25W halogen light bulbs.) No you do not have to remove the microwave. This unit was smartly designed.
1. Unplug the unit, Unplug the unit, Unplug the unit, Did I mention, unplug the unit.
2. Locate vent on the face of microwave over the door.
3. Remove vent held on my 3 machine Phillips screws 2 on top one on left side. The top and sides should protrude out enough to be accessible.
4. Carefully remove vent plate (may take some moving around).
5. You will notice a phillip screw facing you holding on a base plate that is perpendicular to the screw. Remove this screw without losing it to the inside of the microwave.
6. Lift base plate and housing up and out, it is tethered by a 6 inch cord that will unplug carefully fish out and you will see the plug. I recommend that you unplug the housing so you have room to replace the bulb.
7. Go to Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes and buy a 25 to 40W 8 base halogen lamp. Lon-gated or short is irrelevant.
8. Do not handle the bulb with your hands as the oil from your skin will cause the bulb to prematurely burn out. We do like a premature burn outs, we would like our bulbs to last as long as possible. :).
9. Attach cord replace housing and plug and you are ready to heat up the old pizza for breakfast.
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
If it's avantium, it's on the web, but it's a real pain and requires small hands.
Pull the power before getting thbulb.
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Interior Light
The interior oven light can be accessed in the following way:
1.Open door and remove the top grill via the 2 screws along the top edge.
2. In the interior light will be under metal plate with fasten by single screw. The halogen bulb is rated at 120V 20watt. Looks like a G-8 bulb with 8mm pin spacing with o.a.l. 1-5/8" long
Get these bulbs cheap at http://www.1000bulbs.com/120-130-Volt-G8-Base-Halogen-Light-Bulbs/
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2016 | Sharp R-820JS 900 W 0.9 cu ft Countertop...
Nov 10, 2011 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven
Jul 08, 2011 | GE JVM1790 Convection / Microwave Oven
Jan 24, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2009 | General Electric PEB1590SMSS Stainless...
Feb 18, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 01, 2008 | GE JVM1790 1000 Watts Convection /...
Dec 23, 2007 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Nov 06, 2007 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Feb 15, 2007 | GE JVM1790SK Convection/Microwave Oven
305 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: