Question about Printers & Copiers
To see where the cartridges are, you need to lift the printer cover (not the scanner cover), which is the section with the buttons & keypad. Do this with the power ON, otherwise the cartridges will be parked to the side. I did this with the power off and had to pull out the manual. The cartridges can be removed simply by pressing down on the edge and sliding them forward. They'll just click out when you press on it. Installing the new cartridge (be sure to remove the protective tape) is simply the reverse... slide it in angled slightly forward and click up.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
With the Printer ON, on the right front of the printer - the piece with the Vivera Logo - is a door that opens to the right. Grasp with your thumb in the indent on the left of the door and your fingers on the right side, gently pull with your thumb and presto the door opens. The cartridges are parked in the opening. Now gently pull the cartridge towards you - there in no clasp to undo - and the cartridge will come out with out any effort.
You are now good to go.
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
If yours is a C4150/80 HP Scanner, Copier, Printer all in one.
1. Look at the front of your 4150: you have a place to feed out the paper and to the right of that is a smaller compartment. Above those areas is a small "lip" that you can use to raise the top of your
2. This activates the machine to place your cartridges to the right side of the machine.
3. Open the small compartment door to the right (on the front) by pulling it down.
4. You'll see two cartridges:One is the color and the second is the black ink. Pull straight out on the selected cartridge to remove it. It takes a little effort.
5. Once removed, take the piece of paper off the new cartridge and put it on the old one in the exact place it was on the new.
6. Put the new one in until you feel it click. Shut the door on the front compartment, close the lid on top of the machine.
7. The machine will now run a series of adjustments and print a test page.
8. Check the page to assure all bars align.
9. Place the old cartridge in the small envelope HP provides and mail it back to the company. It already has been "stamped" so no extra funds involved from you.
Posted on May 09, 2008
The MP160 must be turned on AND connected to your computer. Then the printing head moves to the left hand side.
Remove cartridge by pressing down then draw out towards you.
Refit by inserting and pushing up. THIS IS VERY FIDDLY
Posted on Mar 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 29, 2010 | Canon PIXMAMX860
Nov 23, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 31, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 21, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
853 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!